Clear all

Old Site is now Read Only

2 Posts
2 Users
1 Likes
(@valpo04)
Admin
Topic starter

This morning, I was able to update our old site, which put it into default configuration, and more importantly, makes it compatible with the latest versions of PHP. This allows us to keep that site alive for the foreseeable future, preserving all of the old posts. If you jump over there, you will see a very different look to things.

As I mentioned from the start, that has always been my goal. I did attempt to bring over the old data into this new instance, but it immediately errored and broke the site. So I am committed to keeping the old site alive as long as I can safely do so, understanding that there is a ton of history there.

Β 

Thank you all for the support and for continuing on with us here. I appreciate it greatly πŸ™‚

Posted : 03/04/2024 10:31 AM
(@vulb62)
Freshman

Thanks 04 for doing that. I checked out the old site and it really looks crisper (even though it’s now only read-only).Β 

The new site has taken me some time in getting used to it, but as I get more comfortable with it, the intuitiveness is becoming clearer. I especially like the β€œmost recent posts” feature - takes you right to what’s happening. As more of us get comfortable, posting traffic is gonna grow. Great job!

Posted : 04/03/2024 9:51 AM
valpo04 reacted

Share: