Are Power Schools a...

Notifications
Clear all

Question Are Power Schools afraid of Mid Majors?

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@rezynezy)
Junior Varsity
Topic starter

Seeing as ISU manhandled Minnesota in the NIT, and other P6 schools neglected to schedule games against them to allow them more Q1 wins. Are P6 schools afraid of scheduling games against dominant Mid Major schools for fear of being "embarrassed" when they loose? It seems as if P6 schools view loosing to a MM as an insult. The SEC went 1-6 in the NCAA tournament this year after their commissioner was quoted as saying that mid majors "Should not be receiving their auto bids". While he did print a "retraction" statement, we all seem to realize the sentiment here.

Posted : 03/24/2024 3:03 PM
 vu72
(@vu72)
Freshman

ISU's run and beating two P5 teams reminds me of our NIT run when we beat St. Marys and Florida State.Β  Obviously the better Mid's can more than handle the mid-pack P5s and more.Β  They just won't play unless forced to by seeding.Β  Nothing will change.

Posted : 03/24/2024 3:46 PM
(@historyman)
Freshman

Josh Schertz parting comments on the Indiana State situation when Father Harry (Schroeder) asked him who should get the ISU job.

Josh Schertz hopes Matthew Graves replaces him at Indiana State. (youtube.com)

("As long as Graves is fine with me taking half the ISUb starters or more!" πŸ™‚ )

Posted : 04/11/2024 4:10 AM
(@historyman)
Freshman

https://www.on3.com/news/josh-schertz-potential-bring-robbie-avila-indiana-state-stars-saint-louis-certainly-hope-so-transfer-portal/

Β 

I'm pretty sure Robbie Avila will be throwing out the first pitch at the next St Louis Cardinals home stand. πŸ™‚

This post was modified 3 weeks ago by historyman

Posted : 04/11/2024 8:32 AM

Share: