• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Loyola Arch Madness in St Louis 6:05 PM 3/6/2020

Started by VUBBFan, March 06, 2020, 09:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VUBBFan

Looking for third time is the charm. Hoping we at last get a fair Reffed game against them this time. Go Valpo

VUGrad1314

Official blame before the game even starts coming off that performance last night is a really bad look. That said Go Valpo! I BELIEVE!

VUBBFan

I stand by my claim as I have all year long. Both games against Loyola, the bad reffing cost us the games or at least a chance of winning. Take a look at game at Valpo and the way ref Kelly Self called it. He was so bad. 

NativeCheesehead

Gonna be a hard game to win. Score be damned, let's get a 40 min effort and head into an extremely important offseason with heads high.

VUGrad1314

No TV in NWI for this game as NBC Sports Chicago will be offering Blackhawks and Bulls games on their channels. We need to get our earlier games on a channel besides local TV. That should be the next step of improving the media deal.

vok22

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 12:06:11 PM
No TV in NWI for this game as NBC Sports Chicago will be offering Blackhawks and Bulls games on their channels. We need to get our earlier games on a channel besides local TV. That should be the next step of improving the media deal.

Will it be on ESPN+?

VUGrad1314

Yes but for those of us who refuse to pay for it (It's the principle of it Stop gouging me media companies) it's going to be a problem. Ickow it is then.

M

If it's not being blacked on ESPN+ I'll drop the $5 to watch it (and I'll have ESPN+ for a month)! Hoping Valpo saved all their 3 pointers for tonight.  Time to unravel some scarves!

SanityLost17

Almost guaranteed to be blacked out on espn+.   Games were blacked out last night.  I have SlingTV, which used to have fox sports but doesn't anymore.   

I used to pay the $23094829572934802348209380 a month for Comcast and never had to worry about it, but now I pay for local internet, SlingTV, Netflix, ESPN+ and Amazon Prime for about $60 a month less than Comcast and have more viewing options. Comcast is evil.

Side effect of all this is I can't watch the 1st 2 rounds of the MVC tourney, but most years I go to St. Louis, just couldn't go this year. 

hailcrusaders

Glass half empty: If we play like we did yesterday against a competent team like Loyola, they will wipe the floor with our season.

Glass half full: I can't see us going o-fer from 3 pt land again.

I'm not going to hazard a guess at the score, but suffice it to say I'm leaning more towards the "half empty" view at the moment. On the other hand, what do we have to lose?
#CrusadersForever

VUGrad1314

Screw it. UNI's done so we're a one bid league. That one bid might as well be us because nobody else in the MVC has what it takes to win a game so let's do it!

NativeCheesehead

UNI losing today is awful for the league and bad for us. Not that Loyola would have taken us lightly but the odds of 1 and 2 going down in same day are not good.

Valpower

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on March 06, 2020, 02:00:01 PM
UNI losing today is awful for the league and bad for us. Not that Loyola would have taken us lightly but the odds of 1 and 2 going down in same day are not good.
You, sir, have learned nothing about the MVC.

VUGrad1314

I'm mad right now. Who cares anymore? There's no hope for a multi bid. What team can win games in the tournament besides UNI? Loyola can't shoot ISU can't defend Missouri State doesn't know how to play together We can't put together two halves Drake is untested (played a horrible non conference Same with Bradley).

justducky

Quote from: hailcrusaders on March 06, 2020, 01:36:06 PMI'm not going to hazard a guess at the score, but suffice it to say I'm leaning more towards the "half empty" view at the moment. On the other hand, what do we have to lose?

Loyola is exactly who I was wanting (no logic involved) and they are exactly who we've got. Bring em on. We are overdue on a number of levels. Lottich can secure his contract today!

JD24

Quote from: M on March 06, 2020, 12:45:16 PMIf it's not being blacked on ESPN+ I'll drop the $5 to watch it (and I'll have ESPN+ for a month)! Hoping Valpo saved all their 3 pointers for tonight.  Time to unravel some scarves!
Does ESPN+ black games out? I've never seen that.

The $5 I spend on ESPN+ is well worth it. Certainly moreso than other subs I have. It is far removed from what most see on ESPN.

vok22

Quote from: JD24 on March 06, 2020, 03:02:25 PM
Quote from: M on March 06, 2020, 12:45:16 PMIf it's not being blacked on ESPN+ I'll drop the $5 to watch it (and I'll have ESPN+ for a month)! Hoping Valpo saved all their 3 pointers for tonight.  Time to unravel some scarves!
Does ESPN+ black games out? I've never seen that.

The $5 I spend on ESPN+ is well worth it. Certainly moreso than other subs I have. It is far removed from what most see on ESPN.

Yes they do but I would assume that this game isn't blacked out. The reason the games were blacked out on ESPN+ yesterday and tonight is because they were also on NBC SportsChicago. That isn't the case for the game tonight

VUGrad1314

Quote from: justducky on March 06, 2020, 02:54:27 PM
Quote from: hailcrusaders on March 06, 2020, 01:36:06 PMI'm not going to hazard a guess at the score, but suffice it to say I'm leaning more towards the "half empty" view at the moment. On the other hand, what do we have to lose?
Loyola is exactly who I was wanting (no logic involved) and they are exactly who we've got. Bring em on. We are overdue on a number of levels. Lottich can secure his contract today!

Lottich has likely already earned and secured his next contract and it will be announced shortly after the season ends. The outcome of the game tonight has no bearing whatsoever on that nor should it really.

VALPO LI

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 02:52:34 PM
I'm mad right now. Who cares anymore? There's no hope for a multi bid. What team can win games in the tournament besides UNI? Loyola can't shoot ISU can't defend Missouri State doesn't know how to play together We can't put together two halves Drake is untested (played a horrible non conference Same with Bradley).

Time to channel your upset anger to a positive note like on "Our Crusaders" playing in the second game of the MVC tournament for the second year in a row. ;)

I second that.  I am excited we are playing the scarfnecks from the North.  For me this is a  matchup I love to watch every time! 
Shine on Vu

VUGrad1314

Quote from: VALPO LI on March 06, 2020, 03:35:16 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 02:52:34 PMI'm mad right now. Who cares anymore? There's no hope for a multi bid. What team can win games in the tournament besides UNI? Loyola can't shoot ISU can't defend Missouri State doesn't know how to play together We can't put together two halves Drake is untested (played a horrible non conference Same with Bradley).
Time to channel your upset anger to a positive note like on "Our Crusaders" playing in the second game of the MVC tournament for the second year in a row. ;)
I second that.  I am excited we are playing the scarfnecks from the North.  For me this is a  matchup I love to watch every time!

I'll be fine. I'll be all about cheering on Valpo by game time. I just need time to mourn our league's lost multibid chances and also our league's likely lost chances at extra NCAA credits from a deep tournament run. At this point I can't see a team I feel confident will win its first round game so it might as well be us. Go Valpo!

vuny98

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 03:43:48 PMI'll be fine. I'll be all about cheering on Valpo by game time. I just need time to mourn our league's lost multibid chances and also our league's likely lost chances at extra NCAA credits from a deep tournament run. At this point I can't see a team I feel confident will win its first round game so it might as well be us. Go Valpo!
I think any team in this league could win a first round game. Yes UNI was in a separate class, but clearly they were not perfect either. It kills the chance for a 2 bid league, but the winner of the league will still likely be a 20 win team from a good conference that should get a decent seed.

VUGrad1314

Valpower

Quote from: vuny98 on March 06, 2020, 03:54:26 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 06, 2020, 03:43:48 PMI'll be fine. I'll be all about cheering on Valpo by game time. I just need time to mourn our league's lost multibid chances and also our league's likely lost chances at extra NCAA credits from a deep tournament run. At this point I can't see a team I feel confident will win its first round game so it might as well be us. Go Valpo!
I think any team in this league could win a first round game. Yes UNI was in a separate class, but clearly they were not perfect either. It kills the chance for a 2 bid league, but the winner of the league will still likely be a 20 win team from a good conference that should get a decent seed.

UNI started out with puzzle pieces that fit pretty well and they were reasonably well-seasoned (an experienced, long-standing coach and no critical positions depending on freshmen). They either weren't deep or chose instead to play a short rotation at the expense of resiliency and endurance. They might have just hit their ceiling while others improved. Please, let's stop mourning the would-be king.

justducky

Quote from: vok22 on March 06, 2020, 03:09:38 PMThe reason the games were blacked out on ESPN+ yesterday and tonight is because they were also on NBC SportsChicago.

I'm watching Bradley- SIU on that channel (Comcast 37) now. Some of these blackouts make no sense so I just check everywhere and mysteriously it will appear somewhere.  ::)

VUGrad1314

Quote from: Valpower on March 06, 2020, 04:14:06 PM
Quote from: vuny98 on March 06, 2020, 03:54:26 PM

UNI started out with puzzle pieces that fit pretty well and they were reasonably well-seasoned (an experienced, long-standing coach and no critical positions depending on freshmen). They either weren't deep or chose instead to play a short rotation at the expense of resiliency and endurance. They might have just hit their ceiling while others improved. Please, let's stop mourning the would-be king.

It would be easier to not mourn this loss of the "Would-be king" if we had an administration that gave a rip about athletics and growing the program and we weren't hopelessly dependent on our conference mates doing well and providing an influx of needed cash for us to improve.