• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Baseball v. Bucknell

Started by jetz, March 14, 2013, 12:58:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jetz

Worm out to start the 7th.  As mentioned last night, this is where Valpo starters have run into trouble so far in 2013.  It seems like the starters operate with a long leash under Coach Schmack.  The Braves hitter drives a fly ball to right that gives Manning no problem.  One away.  No one warming up for the Crusaders...
"How'd you like to mow my lawn?  Mmmm?  Mmmm?"--Judge Smails

jetz

Worm looking good with a strikeout for the second out...

jetz

Here's a well hit ball to the left center gap.  Johnson and Hara converge on it and nearly collide, but Johnson hauls it in unscathed for the third out.  Wormington looking strong through 6 and a half, Valpo leads 6-0.

jetz

Bain starts the Valpo 7th with a chopper to short.  He's thrown out and there's one down.  BTW, another correction.  The Bucknell mascot is not the Braves, it's the BISON!!  Why didn't you tell me?   :lol:

jetz

Loeffler grounds out to second for the second out..

jetz

The BISON trotted out a new pitcher, sophomore righty Jonathan Lucas for the 7th, BTW...Manning now at bat.  He hooks one just foul that ends up by me here in the left field corner, then draws a walk on a very high fastball.   

jetz

Hara skies to short to end the inning.  Valpo still up 6-0 after 7.  Worm back out for the 8th w no action in the Crusader pen. 

valpotx

Sounds like it should be another step closer to .500  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

jetz

Andy Burns eats up a two hopper and throws the Bison runner out.  One down.  The next bull hits a deep fly that one hops the fence in right center.  Manning gets it back in and Bucknell has a standup double...

jetz

Bouncer back to Worm and he goes to first to retire the hitter.  Two away as the Bison runner sticks at 2nd. 

jetz

Mahoney charges a high chopper but his low throw pulls Loeffler off the bag.  Don't think he would have had him anyway.  Runners on the corners after the infield single. 

jetz

Here's a RBI single to center and the Bison are on the board.  Now Valpo leads 6-1, 2 away in the top of 8 w runners at 1st and 2nd...this is where I might get the pen going.

jetz

Wormington hits the next batter and the bases are loaded...Still nobody up for Valpo...

jetz

Wormington goes 10 pitches on the hitter, but ends up walking him to force in a run.  That will be all for Wormington, as Ben Mahar will enter.  My mistake on the earlier report as the Valpo pen was out of my view.  Bryce Yoder is in the pen now as Mahar enters with the bases juiced.

jetz

Mahar does his job, as he gets a fly ball to center to end the Bucknell 8th.  They get two runs, and it's now 6-2 Valpo.  Hara had some trouble w the sun but hauled it in...

jetz

Johnson will start the Valpo 8th with a spinner off the end of the bat that one hops to the shortstop in the hole to his right.  He's unable to get the speedster at first and Johnson is aboard w a hit. 

jetz

Wormington goes 7 2/3 inns and allows 2 ER.  He's in line for the win.  Burns lays down a sac bunt and moves all the way to third.  One out on the throw to first. 

jetz

Hanson pops to first and there's two away.  Here's Mahoney.  He flies to left and the inning is over.  Valpo leads 6-2 after 8.

jetz

Mahar gets a Bison to swing at the first pitch.  He bounces back to Ben, and there's on away in the top of 9.

jetz

Join me tomorrow morning, 11am EDT, for updates when Valpo takes on the Blazers of UAB here at the same field.  That will be my final game here, so you'll be on your own for Valpo's last FL game on the 16th.  Mahar gets a K for out #2.

Valposter

Quote from: jetz on March 14, 2013, 03:22:56 PM
Join me tomorrow morning, 11am EDT, for updates when Valpo takes on the Blazers of UAB here at the same field.  That will be my final game here, so you'll be on your own for Valpo's last FL game on the 16th.  Mahar gets a K for out #2.

We will miss you Jetz ....... ;D
Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!

jetz

Cole Webb scheduled to start for Valpo tomorrow.  Mahar issues a walk to prolong the Bison 9th...

jetz

Mahar gets a ground ball to second.  Vavra throws to Loeffler, and it's hand shake time as Valpo wins its third straight.  We like Winter Haven, as the Crusaders are 3-0 so far here.  See you tomorrow for the UAB game!  Great job Valpo!   :thumbsup:

vubballfan

Thanks Jetz! Keep rolling Valpo....

Valposter

Valpo Baseball:  2012 Horizon League Regular Season Champion!  2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back Horizon League Tournament Champions! 2012 and 2013 Back-To-Back NCAA Tournament Regional Appearances!