• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Loyola Game Thread, Sun., Feb. 9, 2020, 3:00p CT, ESPNU

Started by wh, February 08, 2020, 12:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

As I was typing we need to limit our 3's, Sackey missed an open look and JFL clanked one up. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

oklahomamick

And 2 points off an inbound play.  We have seen some of that from time to time.  Very sparse.  However, we never saw it last year or year before.  I'll take small steps. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Quote from: oklahomamick on February 09, 2020, 03:22:23 PMAnd 2 points off an inbound play.  We have seen some of that from time to time.  Very sparse.  However, we never saw it last year or year before.  I'll take small steps.

Three points really. It was an and 1.

VUGrad1314

We have no answer to Krutwig. How he doesn't get touches on the block every possession is beyond me.

VUGrad1314

Javon just hasn't been right the past several games... This drought isn't on Lottich our shot selection has not been great the past few minutes and now we're in trouble.

NativeCheesehead

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 09, 2020, 03:37:48 PM
Javon just hasn't been right the past several games... This drought isn't on Lottich our shot selection has not been great the past few minutes and now we're in trouble.

When you can't guard the dribble drive layup without help you will lose most games. 

wh

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 09, 2020, 03:29:18 PM
We have no answer to Krutwig. How he doesn't get touches on the block every possession is beyond me.

Don't blame the freshmen centers. Mileek fouled himself to the bench with 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes. Totally let his team down.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: wh on February 09, 2020, 03:42:50 PM
Quote from: VUGrad1314 on February 09, 2020, 03:29:18 PMWe have no answer to Krutwig. How he doesn't get touches on the block every possession is beyond me.
Don't blame the freshmen centers. Mileek fouled himself to the bench with 2 fouls in the first 5 minutes. Totally let his team down.

Not blaming anybody. It's just a fact. We have no answer to Krutwig. All things considered I'm actually happy with where we are right now in the game. This could have been so much worse. We need to execute better on offense and hope their shooters cool off a bit. If the Javon we've been used to seeing could show up and get us some buckets that would be great too. Come on Javon We need you.

NativeCheesehead

If they counted hockey assists I think Krutwig would average 15+ a game. Green and JFL may be the top two POY candidates, but there's no doubt in my mind Krut is the most valuable player in the conference.

nkvu

A better first half than I expected.  Too many turnovers and not being able to guard Krutwig at all hurts but at least we're still in the game. I expect they'll ride Krutwig even more in the second half.  We need to take better care of the ball and continue to score to stay in this. No ten minute drought to start the second half.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 09, 2020, 03:51:07 PMIf they counted hockey assists I think Krutwig would average 15+ a game. Green and JFL may be the top two POY candidates, but there's no doubt in my mind Krut is the most valuable player in the conference.

Having a big man of his caliber makes everything so much easier on offense. That said the POY race is over. It's Green in a runaway Javon is a distant second and if he doesn't have another big game soon his grip on second (for whatever that's worth) could be in jeopardy.

wh

They have 5 guys with 14 or more minutes. We have 3. We are deeper. IF we can stay close in the 1st 10 minutes, easier hoops and Loyola fouls could carry us down the stretch.

bbtds

wh

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: bbtds on February 09, 2020, 04:00:02 PM
Quote from: valpolaw on February 08, 2020, 05:58:55 PM
I'll be surprised if this game is close but I hope it is

Good call. Surprised?

What's your definition of close?  4 possessions or less?  I've never seen so many layups and open 3 point attempts. 

valpolaw

I was surprised the first half but 2nd half not starting so hot

Krutwig doesn't look like he has an oz of athleticism in his body but he is eating us alive.

VUGrad1314

I'm done having any expectations for this team ever again. I expect us to be a Thursday team every year from now on that way if we're even mediocre I can be pleasantly surprised. We are and will continue to be a drain on this conference and never contribute. We are a one family and one tournament moment program and that's it. That's all we'll ever be. STEP UP AND DO SOMETHING VALPO! MAKE ME BELIEVE AGAIN!

NativeCheesehead

Chances of winning this game retreating faster than Krutwig's hairline.

M

valpo guards seem more worried about steal stats then keeping anyone in front of them. A little ball pressure would help the bigs as they try to keep the ball away from Krutwieg.

VUGrad1314

And we were all so upset when Loyola got picked over us back in 2013... LOL. Looks really ridiculous now doesn't it? I wonder how many MVC presidents wish they had voted for Murray State instead by now. Probably everyone.

M

Fazekas and freeman both got fouled on their last few possessions and nothing called.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: M on February 09, 2020, 04:27:00 PMFazekas and freeman both got fouled on their last few possessions and nothing called.

It's totally the refs fault we're losing...

M

Not saying that all ....it's our shytty play...they were still both fouled.