• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

The "Butler Hangover"

Started by wh, January 20, 2012, 12:43:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbtds

My point was that I think Slocum was truly expressing his belief that THIS SEASON Valpo is better than both Cleveland State and Butler (and even Milwaukee) even before knowing the result of the VU/CSU game. I really don't think Coach Slocum was considering any of his losses in previous years to Valpo, Butler, CSU or Milwaukee when stating that conclusion.

valpotx

Haha, still not getting that I was not seriously talking about him believing that we are always better.  I was making a smart a$$ comment because he always loses to us  ;)
"Don't mess with Texas"

bbtds

Quote from: valpotx on February 10, 2012, 09:57:08 PM
Haha, still not getting that I was not seriously talking about him believing that we are always better.  I was making a smart a$$ comment because he always loses to us  ;)

okay, I certainly understand smart ass.

However I do think it's worthy to state that Slocum said absolutely before he knew the result of the VU/CSU game that Valpo is the best team in the league. As VU72 said I will defer to the coach or something parallel.

Nildogg

I'm sorry, we should have played Loyola-M before your game yesterday...   :-X

Crusader03

Quote from: Nildogg on February 18, 2012, 09:50:25 AM
I'm sorry, we should have played Loyola-M before your game yesterday...   :-X

Have we heard enough from this poster yet, valpo04?

Nildogg

Give me a break; if you can't part through the sarcasm in this, then you are the problem! 

Valpo89

Quote from: Nildogg on February 18, 2012, 04:51:41 PM
Give me a break; if you can't part through the sarcasm in this, then you are the problem! 
Don't worry Nildogg, the normal people who post on this board (as normal as message board posters can be) understood where you were coming from.
I appreciated the comment. :)
If you knew 03's recent history, you'd understand his response.

Crusader03

Quote from: Valpo89 on February 18, 2012, 07:24:28 PM
Quote from: Nildogg on February 18, 2012, 04:51:41 PM
Don't worry Nildogg, the normal people who post on this board (as normal as message board posters can be) understood where you were coming from.
I appreciated the comment. :)
If you knew 03's recent history, you'd understand his response.

???

(Wanted to use a .gif here, but I would rather not be in hot water with 04...he has been gracious enough to allow me to use them sporadically so I want to support him in turn)

Nildogg

Definitely saw this coming...

We played a competitive scrimmage against our selves 2 days ago.

You can thank Brad Stevens for his ignorance of the Hangover theory.

Valpo89

Quote from: Nildogg on February 24, 2012, 10:39:36 PM
Definitely saw this coming...

We played a competitive scrimmage against our selves 2 days ago.

You can thank Brad Stevens for his ignorance of the Hangover theory.
Thanks for the chuckle Nildogg. With that, I will finally get to sleep. :)