• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Chicago state game

Started by truth219, November 20, 2012, 06:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crusadermoe

Yeah.   What the hell is the problem?     The Horizon screeen doesn't move at all.

atkins

We need to be much crisper at the beginning of games.  This is yet another sloppy game.

crusadermoe

Anybody pulling up the video yet?    The Horizon League site indicates the game is LIVE right now.     But it just doesn't start up.   

Game Tracker showed that Bobby C. played a bit early in the game.   Would like to see that.

oklahomamick

I haven't been able to get the video working......would like to see capobianco's first game.  He's halfway to a double-double.

I hope tomorrow's video will be working?  Any word on when that game will be? 
CRUSADERS!!!

valporun

Oklahomamick, we are hearing that HLN is having some streaming technical difficulties, but seems like they are really working on it, if we haven't had anything yet. Also, tomorrow's game is either at 4:30 (if we loss) or 7PM (if we win).

LaPorteAveApostle

The game tomorrow will be at 7 PM CST.  Book it.

And you are all welcome to hang with FW, StL, and I in the chat on the main page toward the bottom.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

EddieCabot

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on November 23, 2012, 08:18:43 PM
The game tomorrow will be at 7 PM CST.  Book it.

And you are all welcome to hang with FW, StL, and I in the chat on the main page toward the bottom.

Book it.  Valpo blowing out Chi State and continuing to prove they are the class of the Horizon.  Look out, Bethune Cookman!

vubballfan10

This cannot go unnoticed.  Matt Kenney, 7 assists 0 turnovers.  I don't know why Will Bogan has been playing backup point guard when Kenney could have been doing it.

HC

I was not at all impressed by our team tonight. But, it was a step in the right direction and it was great to see Capo playing physical. Get another one tomorrow as the team keeps improving for the big one next weekend.

truth219

Sure we won by 21 tonight, but this team was terrible. We looked sloppy. I'm not a big capo fan...be just doesn't impress me that much. Van wijk looked like crap tonight, but I think he might have been under the weather. He missed a lot of easy lay ups. Coleman looked awesome. He needs to start in bogans place. If we would have played anyone with some talent tonight we would have lost. We just can't get into a steady groove.

StlVUFan

Quote from: talksalot on November 23, 2012, 05:43:59 PM
OK... you be the ref... starting the second half, starting guard for UNO pulled something... after the coach put in the starting line up... but before we started play.... (there were about 10 seconds on the halftime clock)...you be the ref... what's the call??
???

Hard to tell what the question is.  A little more information might be helpful.

FWalum

Great that Matt had 7 assists, but don't think he has the chops to be the primary ball handler against good ball pressure. Matt has had the tendency in the past to commit to a move or pass that sometimes gets him in trouble.  Lets hope he continues to play like he did tonight because I think he currently leads the team in turnovers.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

FWalum

Quote from: truth219 on November 23, 2012, 09:30:17 PM
Sure we won by 21 tonight, but this team was terrible. We looked sloppy. I'm not a big capo fan...be just doesn't impress me that much. Van wijk looked like crap tonight, but I think he might have been under the weather. He missed a lot of easy lay ups. Coleman looked awesome. He needs to start in bogans place. If we would have played anyone with some talent tonight we would have lost. We just can't get into a steady groove.
Not easy to get into a groove when you are playing everyone and also playing unusual line ups.  Not making excuses, but Bryce would not have had these types of substitutions in a game against a "talented" team.  You must be hard to please when it comes to Capo.  While I have not actually seen him play other than some old IU games and highlight type videos, it is hard to argue with the facts of what he has done in actual games.  Give him a break, he just came back from hernia surgery and ends up with a double double.  I expect that he will get better as he plays in some more games.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

EddieCabot

Nice convincing win tonight.  Tomorrow will be a much stiffer test as BC has some wins against D-I schools and nearly won at Kent.  With homecourt advantage and Capo back in the rotation, I expect a double-digit win tomorrow.

HC

Capo played well TONIGT. He was physical ad at times looked to be the only person interested in winning on Valpos team. He was always around the and in on the loose balls. Great effort by him, especially when you take into account his injury and long layoff.

agibson

Quote from: bbtds on November 22, 2012, 04:23:30 PM
I don't think there will be many fans at the early games on Friday and Saturday.

I counted about 100 in the stands when I walked in, during the first half of the first game.

agibson

Quote from: HC on November 23, 2012, 09:52:08 PM
Capo played well TONIGT. He was physical ad at times looked to be the only person interested in winning on Valpos team. He was always around the and in on the loose balls.

Coleman had a solid first half, in particular.  But I thought that Boggs, especially, played with a lot of heart tonight.

valpopal

Sure we won by 21 tonight, but this team was terrible. We looked sloppy. I'm not a big capo fan...be just doesn't impress me that much. Van wijk looked like crap tonight, but I think he might have been under the weather. He missed a lot of easy lay ups.

Capobianco had a double-double in only 17 minutes of play coming back early from surgery: Van Wijk had 12 points with 8 rebounds in only 16 minutes of play, and perhaps he was under the weather. They shot 43% from the field and 80% from the free throw line: combined they had 22 points and 19 rebounds in 33 minutes. Those are stellar stats. You recently also said you are not impressed by Ryan. You certainly seem hard to impress!

StlVUFan

Sure we won by 21 tonight, but this team was terrible. We looked sloppy. I'm not a big capo fan...be just doesn't impress me that much.

You might be a little more convincing if you elaborated on just what it is about Bobby that doesn't impress you.

QuoteVan wijk looked like crap tonight, but I think he might have been under the weather. He missed a lot of easy lay ups.

Something like this might be a decent start.

valporun

Was Bobby really expected to do what he did tonight? I mean expectations were more to get out on the court and play, not be as productive as he was. Who is the last college or professional basketball player or athlete you know who has come back from hernia surgery to be this productive in a game?

HC

I would mostly agree Kevin didn't play well until the last 10 minutes of the 2nd half.

valpotx

You must be crazy if you are not impressed by Bobby after coming off of hernia surgery.  A double double in 17 minutes is awesome...
"Don't mess with Texas"

chef

Of course. The truth219 needs to come up with a new name, because his current one is very misleading.

wh

Our RPI dropped from 61 to 97 after the win.  Nothing good has ever come from playing CSU.  For the greater good of college basketball CSU should do the honorable thing and fall on their sword.

justducky

Quote from: wh on November 24, 2012, 04:04:37 AM
Our RPI dropped from 61 to 97 after the win.  Nothing good has ever come from playing CSU.  For the greater good of college basketball CSU should do the honorable thing and fall on their sword.
If we just would have contemptuously refused to take the court and forfeited our RPI might have risen.

I kept my word last night and stayed as far away from Chicaco St and the ARC as I possibly could, so tonight I will finally get a chance to see Bobby play. I am hopeing that he is not quite as bad as Truth219 says he is.