• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Championship Celebration

Started by valpopal, March 13, 2013, 01:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Just got home from the game, and I thought I'd share a few images of the post-game championship celebration.

The Championship Placard:

Bryce embraces the tournament MVP:

An all-tournament team player celebrates:

Displaying the trophy:

More championship hardware:

Coach gets doused with Gatorade in the locker room:

valpopal

Some of my post-game interview photos:

valpopal

Some more of my celebration pictures!

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

valpopal

valpopal

Some photos I took at the pregame celebration:

LaPorteAveApostle

7 1/2 minutes of unadulterated joy!  Thank you--ESPN took that away from most of us, not that I expected much more.

What was on the other side of the sign Vashil was holding up by Buggy while he was cutting down the net?
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

talksalot

The other side was "BLANK"... they had the sign facing the TV camera's... with the back toward the crowd... we discussed it... during the rehearsal (Yes, we had a rehearsal at 4pm on Tuesday to see how fast we could get everything ready...

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: talksalot on March 14, 2013, 07:06:51 AMThe other side was "BLANK"... they had the sign facing the TV camera's...

no I mean the non-blank side...i can see the blank side...just "HL champs"?  Or "MVP"? or "proud papa"?

"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

letsgovu

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 14, 2013, 06:57:18 AMWhat was on the other side of the sign Vashil was holding up by Buggy while he was cutting down the net?

it was the horizon league championship sign that was in front of the players when they were taking pictures with the trophy

talksalot

There were two different ones... and Valpo get's to keep them!  Both only had the logo on one side.

valpopal

Quote from: LaPorteAveApostle on March 14, 2013, 06:57:18 AMWhat was on the other side of the sign Vashil was holding up by Buggy while he was cutting down the net?

It was the placard in the first photo at the top of this thread.

LaPorteAveApostle

ah, thank you all.  i wondered if it might be particular to buggy, or just vashil making one by hand because he's kind of a jokester.

valpopal

Just a note to let everyone know that the championship celebrating will continue on Sunday at 4-6:30 p.m. in the Harre Ballroom. The university will be hosting an NCAA Selection Sunday gathering. There will be food and drink, plus the Bookstore will be selling Valpo gear for a 15% discount:

"Congratulations to our Valpo Crusaders on their Horizon League Tournament championship and a berth into the NCAA Tournament! The Valparaiso University Alumni Association invites you to an NCAA Selection Show viewing party in the Harre Union Ballroom, where we will learn the Crusaders' seed for the upcoming tournament. Join the men's basketball team, pep band, cheerleaders, and our loyal fans."

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpopal

Not my shot, but a very good picture from a photo-shoot for the upcoming Valpo Magazine. (PS: Notice the nameplate missing from the trophy Rowdy is holding. On Tuesday I looked at it, and the names of winners only went up to Butler in 2011. Detroit's 2012 championship seemed to be missing. You can see the nameplate in my photos above.)

letsgovu

Quote from: valpopal on March 14, 2013, 05:02:25 PMDetroit's 2012 championship seemed to be missing

I'm ok with that

VULB#62

Quote from: vu72 on March 14, 2013, 04:22:16 PM
Bryce talking about it all:

The kid (it's OK, I can say that: my daughter is older and my son graduated in 99) is a great VU ambassador. 

LaPorteAveApostle

valpotx

We get such good publicity for a mid-major when we are successful.  Hopefully our athletic department takes advantage this time around, as like being talked about on the other thread, we may be looking for a new head coach this summer.  He is going to have better job opportunities this time because of the sustained success.  I really hope that it does not influence our recruits coming in, but maybe Coach Powell takes over to keep the continuity and good recruits coming in  :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Quote from: valpotx on March 14, 2013, 05:55:11 PM
We get such good publicity for a mid-major when we are successful.  Hopefully our athletic department takes advantage this time around, as like being talked about on the other thread, we may be looking for a new head coach this summer.  He is going to have better job opportunities this time because of the sustained success.  I really hope that it does not influence our recruits coming in, but maybe Coach Powell takes over to keep the continuity and good recruits coming in  :)

Well, let just say "higher paying job opportunities"  ;)

As for the administration/athletic promotion folks taking advantage, the most recent Valpo video "Valpo is looking for young men and young women of promise", shows several athletic scenes and fewer other scenes. Coincidence?  I think not!
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

agibson

Quote from: valpopal on March 14, 2013, 05:02:25 PM
(PS: Notice the nameplate missing from the trophy Rowdy is holding. On Tuesday I looked at it, and the names of winners only went up to Butler in 2011. Detroit's 2012 championship seemed to be missing. You can see the nameplate in my photos above.)

Weird!  Both that Detroit never inscribed their name, and that the nameplate just peels off.  Maybe we were quick to send it to the engraver, to conveniently forget to leave space for them?

agibson

Nice video! 

Bryce's Skype mic is better than Ryan's.

But, it's a little funny that they do this stuff by Skype.  Valpo presumably has better TV (and radio) production facilities elsewhere on campus?

ValpoHoops

Quote from: agibson on March 14, 2013, 08:44:56 PM

Nice video! 

Bryce's Skype mic is better than Ryan's.

But, it's a little funny that they do this stuff by Skype.  Valpo presumably has better TV (and radio) production facilities elsewhere on campus?

Yes, but it was filmed at 10:30 last night. Bryce was probably at home.

agibson