• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

So... Who's Starting Against Hillsdale?

Started by talksalot, October 25, 2013, 04:28:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talksalot

OK... lots of talk about the 2014 and 2015 recruits... let's get back to the 2013 group...   Name the Starting 5 against Hillsdale?  I have not made it to any practices, so this will be interesting tomorrow night as I have to learn two teams, instead of just one.

vu72

Quote from: talksalot on October 25, 2013, 04:28:00 PM
OK... lots of talk about the 2014 and 2015 recruits... let's get back to the 2013 group...   Name the Starting 5 against Hillsdale?  I have not made it to any practices, so this will be interesting tomorrow night as I have to learn two teams, instead of just one.

Dority, Capo, Gueye, Coleman and Peters
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

talksalot

Dority, Capo, Gueye, Coleman and Peters

AT THESE POSITIONS?

3        4         5         2               1  ?
   1        4         5         3               2  ?
   1        4         5         2               3  ?

valpotx

I say:

1 - Dority
2 - Coleman
3 - Peters
4 - Capobianco
5 - Gueye
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

vu72

After the first 8 minutes, then who?

I'll say:

Vashil at the 5
Chadwick at the 4
Jubril at the 3
Yeo at the 2
Williams at the 1

Everybody's going to play a bunch

classof2014

Ditto as everyone else. I think who will start will be Dority, Coleman, Peters, Capo, and Gueye

But everyone will play a lot especially the new faces.

truth219

I think vashil might start. Personally, at the open practice, he looked better than Moussa.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

truth219

Well, forget vashil starting. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lexus and dority on the court at the same time with Davidson and Yeo subbing in. In the Times write-up coach said he would play everyone tomorrow. Makes Mr wonder what the 8 man rotation will be like.

EddieCabot

Quote from: vu72 on October 25, 2013, 05:03:20 PM
After the first 8 minutes, then who?

I'll say:

Vashil at the 5
Chadwick at the 4
Jubril at the 3
Yeo at the 2
Williams at the 1

Everybody's going to play a bunch

Looks like Hillsdale was mediocre last year.  This should be a blowout early, so I'd look for everyone to get around 20 minutes of PT.

classof2014

Quote from: truth219 on October 25, 2013, 08:15:24 PM
Well, forget vashil starting. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lexus and dority on the court at the same time with Davidson and Yeo subbing in. In the Times write-up coach said he would play everyone tomorrow. Makes Mr wonder what the 8 man rotation will be like.

I believe the 8 man to start the year will be

Dority
Coleman
Peters
Capo
Gueye

____

Williams
Yeo
Vashil

Valpofan00

Can I listen to this game through my iPhone? Because it says "safari can not open the page because the address is invalid."

valporun

Valpofan00, I know WVUR is listed amongst stations you can listen to on the TuneIn Radio app. It's a free app that you can find in Apple Store for the iPhone for sure.

Also, I wish I could listen to the game this evening, but mascot duties for a local semi-pro basketball team require my needs instead. It will be interesting to read the reviews here after the game. I'm not willing to add my opinion on the starters for tonight's game, since I can't listen to it.

bbtds

agibson

Is the standard mms://audiocast.valpo.edu/wvursports link working for anybody?

Not sure if it's my mac setup, or a problem with the server...

(The mac setup, apparently....)

a3uge

Checked in on the score... This could be a long season...

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: valporun on October 26, 2013, 11:39:45 AMbut mascot duties for a local semi-pro basketball team require my needs instead.
this requires more elucidation, please.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

Speaking of elucidation...how about frickin' Alec Peters?

Are we allowed to get giddy after 23 minutes against a D3 team?
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

LaPorteAveApostle

So, three straight pots, kind of like I'm chatting with myself, but then again, chatango is down, so...have to recreate the same feeling here!

Good guys pull it out, 69-60.  Tied the game at 15:41 of the second on a Vashil dunk and took the lead for good a few seconds later on a Yeo layup.

http://valpoathletics.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/gt_mbaskbl.html?event=1309771&school=val&sport=mbaskbl&camefrom=&startschool=&

Items of note:
--Capo played 8 minutes...hurt?

--Adekoya:  8 boards...in 17 minutes.  Wow.

--Vashil:  6 blocks.  REJECTION COLLECTION (team with 11)!

--Yeo leads in assists (with 3).

--Coleman 8-10 from the line...(thinking REM's "Driver 8" : )

classof2014

They looked rusty in the first half.

Played much better in the 2nd half. Peters reminds me of a certain somebody who recently graduated. Adekoya is gonna be a big-time rebounder. I though Dority and Coleman both looked pretty good and so did Vashil. Took a nasty fall late in the game but got up and jogged it off. I have no idea what was up with Capo, makes you wonder if he's 100%.

Overall I think Davidson and Chadwick are gonna struggle for minutes. Overall the three best freshmen I though were Peters, Williams, and Adekoya.

Would like to see how they look next week. They seemed to jell much better in the second half. Would like to see how they look after a week of practice looking at game material.

truth219

Was at the game and the first half was frustrating. I know it was the first game of a new season, but this is what I saw. Moussa was unappealing. He's a senior and his shot was bad. He was slow. His defense was sub par. I just wasn't sold. Chadwick was awful on defense. He got burned bad a lot and his man was often wide open. Now for the good news. Dority, peters, vashil, Yeo, Williams, jubril, and Coleman were all terrific. Vashil was so good at everything. He was dunking on everyone. Davidson looked skittish. He has time to develop. However Moussa and Chadwick looked like duds

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: truth219 on October 26, 2013, 10:07:45 PMSent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
well, it's early in the season and we're still working the kinks out.

we ALL are.  i mean, you wrote a whole post and forgot to rip on Capo ;)

truth219

I don't have an opinion on bobby yet. Except, that he can't play the 3. He's a center, not s wingman. He doesn't have good ball handling skills. I think vashil earned a starting spot tonight.

classof2014

Quote from: truth219 on October 26, 2013, 10:31:51 PM
I don't have an opinion on bobby yet. Except, that he can't play the 3. He's a center, not s wingman. He doesn't have good ball handling skills. I think vashil earned a starting spot tonight.

Agreed. Vashil looked really good and looked much better than Moussa. After they settled down in the 2nd half they controlled the game and both Dority and Coleman look like different guys. There's a reason why Peters was picked as the Newcomer of the year, I think he's gonna be a fantastic player and will probably be one of the leading scorers this season and he can shoot lights out and for somebody with his size he's gonna be a matchup nightmare.

After the 1st half, I was thinking this was gonna be a long season but after the game ended I am very optimistic and right now Coleman, Peters, and Dority are the 3 best on the team and the only freshman that looked like one was Davidson.

Wasn't impressed with Gueye or Chadwick everyone else though I thought played well and were the aggressors in the 2nd half. Hopefully they can build and learn and be more confident next week.

Anybody else think it was weird not seeing Broekhoff, Van Wijk, Kenney, and Buggs out there? Took a bit to get used to the new look Crusaders.