• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Brad Stevens & the Boston Celtics:

Started by setshot, November 02, 2013, 09:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

setshot

0-2 to open the season. The ex-bulldog has now become a puppy or is it a p---y? Regardless my prediction is that the Celtics will have a regular season record of between 38 -42 wins. Any other predictions?  :P

bbtds

Quote from: setshot on November 02, 2013, 09:34:42 AM
0-2 to open the season. The ex-bulldog has now become a puppy or is it a p---y? Regardless my prediction is that the Celtics will have a regular season record of between 38 -42 wins. Any other predictions?  :P

No one has noticed yet because the Boston fans are still celebrating their World Series win with the Red Sox. When the World Series euphoria wears off there will be some grumblings in Bean town.

vu72

In his defense, how many Boston fans really expect much for the next few years?  They trade their coach and two Hall of Famers and add a rookie coach.  Not exactly the formula for immediate success.  Clearly Danny Ainge is setting the Celtics up for a five year remake.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

a3uge

They're 0-2 because one of the losses came against the great Nate Wolters.

setshot

Now 0-4 because of Danny Ainge and Brad Stevens. The 0-4 equals the number of consecutive losses Stevens had against Valpo. What next? :-[

LaPorteAveApostle

Quote from: setshot on November 05, 2013, 09:07:47 AMThe 0-4 equals the number of consecutive losses Stevens had against Valpo.
"It is so easy to be proud, harsh, moody and selfish, but we have been created for greater things; why stoop down to things that will spoil the beauty of our hearts?" Bl. Mother Teresa

valpo64

I wonder how  many years it will take for Brad Stevens to return to college coaching.  Will he last in the pros as long or longer than Coach Cal, R.Pittino, and others?   I guess now it's "The Celtics' Way" that the other NBA teams will strive to achieve....lol.

milanmiracle

Eh, I am not reading much into this season. He was handed a craptastic team, what do we expect. I expect he'll have success at that level, it just might not be for a couple of years.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

setshot

The Celtics beat the Heat last night. 3rd. win in a row,3-4 overall. Way to go Celtics.

historyman

Quote from: setshot on November 10, 2013, 11:59:33 AMThe Celtics beat the Heat last night. 3rd. win in a row,3-4 overall. Way to go Celtics.
A historic start to Gaelic Way in Miami.

Jeff Green canned a buzzer-beating, game-winning 3-pointer to push the Celtics past the defending-champion Heat in a 111-110 slugfest Saturday night in Miami. The C's looked like a well-oiled machine down the stretch as they came up with key stops and important buckets when it mattered most.

Green's clutch trey gave him 10 points in the fourth quarter and a team-high 24 points on the night, which trailed only LeBron James' 25 in the game. Avery Bradley, who finished with 17 points, added nine points of his own in the final frame.
http://www.nba.com/celtics/
"We must stand aside from the world's conspiracy of fear and hate and grasp once more the great monosyllables of life: faith, hope, and love. Men must live by these if they live at all under the crushing weight of history." Otto Paul "John" Kretzmann

zvillehaze

Quote from: milanmiracle on November 09, 2013, 06:43:41 PM
Eh, I am not reading much into this season. He was handed a craptastic team, what do we expect. I expect he'll have success at that level, it just might not be for a couple of years.

Celtics are playing without 4 of their top 5 scorers from last year ... they either traded or let go of Pierce, Garnett and Terry, and Rondo is injured.  With that said, Boston is now 4-4 on the year. 

On a side note, after 8 games of the season, Stevens has earned about $357k, so go ahead and poke fun at him if you want.  I think he's doing ok.   ;)