• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Butler vs. Gonzaga 2011-2012

Started by valpopal, July 05, 2011, 03:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpopal

Announced today that Butler and Gonzaga have agreed to a home and home schedule the next two years. Butler will visit Gonzaga on Dec. 20, 2011 before a game at Stanford (Dec. 22 or 23). Gonzaga will be at Butler in Dec. 2012. Good for Butler and the Horizon League.

rlh

I'm happy to see that Butler is trying to capitalize on their recent successes....I think when a Mid-Major has such things happen, they need to step up and I admire the Bulldogs for doing so

milanmiracle

Quote from: rlh on July 05, 2011, 04:14:32 PM
I'm happy to see that Butler is trying to capitalize on their recent successes....I think when a Mid-Major has such things happen, they need to step up and I admire the Bulldogs for doing so

Right there with you!
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

covufan

Quote from: milanmiracle on July 26, 2011, 06:33:49 PM
Quote from: rlh on July 05, 2011, 04:14:32 PM

Right there with you!

I was looking for the 'like' button as well.  Well said, rlh.

valporun

Continuing on that theme of recent success, I saw on Twitter yesterday that Butler has been invited as one of the headline teams for the 2011 Maui Invitational field.

valpopal

Quote from: valporun on July 28, 2011, 11:19:58 AM
Continuing on that theme of recent success, I saw on Twitter yesterday that Butler has been invited as one of the headline teams for the 2011 Maui Invitational field.

I saw that on twitter as well; however, it is the 2012 Maui Invitational.

valpopal

The CBS season schedule of network NCAA basketball broadcasts was announced today. As expected, Butler is the only Horizon team represented. The Butler-Purdue game on Dec. 17 will have a national audience:

http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/32665226?source=rss_blogs_NCAAB