• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #13 Belmont Round 2

Started by VUSWIM08-12, December 26, 2015, 12:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wh

Starters 5-20. Thankfully, our reserves are  6-10. Hopefully, we'll see a a better performance offensively from Alec, Tevonn and Darien in the 2nd half.

a3uge

Darien Walker can't be playing. His shot is AWFUL!

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

rink

After a little more than a half, the eye test says we are the better team. Our talent looks clearly better. A loss would be disappointing.

agibson

Officiating seemed fair in the first half... no opinion in second.

The call is... a bit homerish.

rink

Quote from: agibson on December 28, 2015, 08:18:49 PM
Officiating seemed fair in the first half... no opinion in second.

The call is... a bit homerish.

They did just miss a clear travel by Vashil before Tevonn's three.

agibson

I'm not worried yet... but a little nervous.  This Bradds guy can score.  He's looked better going up against Peters and Vashil in the paint than most anybody I remember.  And kicking out well, and just looking almost KVW-like effective at times under the basket.  And just hit a 12' jumper too.

And their threes-from-distance were just high enough percentage in the first half.

Looks like some kind of recipe to beat Valpo.

But, Tevonn's turning it on. If he and Alec can put up their numbers we should be fine here.  But, it's going to be close.

a3uge

How many offensive fouls are we going to end with. 23? 24?

And how many layups do they have???

agibson

Some really pretty passes from Belmont tonight. Maybe now I'm getting worried.

a3uge

Charges only count when you're Valpo - BRUTAL!

rink

How was that not a charge!!!???!!!

truth219

Well valpo went to Nashville and pooped their pants

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

HC

Sooo many missed layups, according to Gamecast. We need some dunks!

agibson

Anyone understand that... goal tend?... call before the under eight media timeout?

a3uge

Valpo attacking and can't buy a foul.

agibson

Quote from: agibson on December 28, 2015, 08:23:10 PMThis Bradds guy can score.  He's looked better going up against Peters and Vashil in the paint than most anybody I remember.  And kicking out well, and just looking almost KVW-like effective at times under the basket.  And just hit a 12' jumper too.

KVW might be about right.  But with a little more motion.  Not just receive-in-the-post, but can dribble a little.  Really impressive.

valpocleveland

Vashil is an offensive liability. It's 4 on 5 when he is in there.

agibson

Belmont's off-the-ball motion is really impressive, pretty, pretty cuts.

a3uge

I've never seen Valpo give up so many easy layups.

agibson

Quote from: a3uge on December 28, 2015, 08:41:51 PM
I've never seen Valpo give up so many easy layups.

I'm not at all convinced it's bad defense.  Some pretty stuff from Bradds, and some very pretty cuts and passing from others. 

They're making us pay, maybe more than anyone this season, for our hard double teams in the paint.

Ball game for sure.  66-63 Belmont lead, four to play.

agibson

Broadcast fail there... no, on Belmont made three, I'm not interested in seeing the Belmont coach not react.  I'd prefer to see the made basket on the other end...

a3uge

Woof, 32 took a couple steps, shot, missed, and then a dozen seconds later the ref called a foul.

a3uge

rink

What's their FT% tonight, like 95% ?  My god.

talksalot

well... I hope you took the "Over" for your bets... 166 on the total... good run to get back... but just ran out of time ... and missing 9 free throws...

talksalot

Quote from: rink on December 28, 2015, 08:58:18 PM
What's their FT% tonight, like 95% ?  My god.

19 of 25 on the game (76%)  ... 17 of 21 in the second half... (81%)