• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #20 Valpo @ Indiana State 1/23/19 6pm espn3

Started by VU2014, January 23, 2019, 12:17:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VALPO LI

Quote from: valpotx on January 23, 2019, 08:02:55 PM
At least Bradley beat Illinois State, so we are in second place for another few days.

Like we are in second place for another few days!
3rd through 10 is not far behind.
Shine on Vu

VU2010

Exactly sums up my thoughts - at least we put 100% into packing it in on nights like this lol.

VU2010

It's not the loss. I've accepted that'll happen here and there. It's the way they lost ...

valpotx

Glad to hear that ML agrees.  I also don't care about losing on the road in conference to a decent team, but to lose like that, and not seem to be hustling or giving any indications that it bothers you?  I have to challenge someone's drive in such a circumstance.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

This worries me How are we supposed to get fans excited to come out for the Drake game when we got absolutely freight trained two of our last three games and this last one didn't seem to bother anyone but Coach Lottich? I fear we'll see another disappointingly lean crowd.... And it's not the community's fault. How are they supposed to care if the players don't?

NativeCheesehead

Wasn't going to drink tonight. Thanks Lottich. You owe me a bottle of bourbon.

VU2014

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on January 23, 2019, 09:08:03 PM

This loss isn't on Lottich. The players didn't show up to play. The coaches can't play for them. They had no energy. I don't think this game was a lost because a lack of preparation. Maybe you can get on the coaches for not getting these guys in a game day "mindset", but that is most on the leaders of this team. That is the upperclassmen for not getting their team in frame of mind to play today. Players need hold each other accountable.

EddieCabot

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on January 23, 2019, 08:26:43 PM
This worries me How are we supposed to get fans excited to come out for the Drake game when we got absolutely freight trained two of our last three games and this last one didn't seem to bother anyone but Coach Lottich? I fear we'll see another disappointingly lean crowd.... And it's not the community's fault. How are they supposed to care if the players don't?

Loyola is down 10 at MSU in the 2nd half.  Valpo could still be tied for 1st place heading into the Drake game ... hopefully that helps with the crowd, if promoted properly.

VALPO LI

I Don't  think fans are not coming out to Saturdays game because of this loss.  In fact I think more fans will be at the Arc than we expect.  (3,500 +) just a crazy felling.  Drake won their last 3 including tonight against Evansville.  They are going to come in looking to play.  Valpo needs to put this game behind them and focus on Saturday.  Saturday's game will define this program.  Win we may be for real this year...loose and well we may have to call Houston for we have a problem.
Shine on Vu

nkvu

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on January 23, 2019, 09:08:03 PM

Me too. Scotch please.

VUGrad1314

That just makes me even madder. That means if that scored holds that we pissed away a golden opportunity tonight because we couldn't be bothered to even meet basic expectations and do our job even remotely competently tonight. Our laziness may have cost us sole possession of first place. Let this be a lesson and a wake-up call so that we never stoop to such a sorry level of effort.

EddieCabot

Quote from: EddieCabot on January 23, 2019, 09:15:35 PM

Loyola is down 10 at MSU in the 2nd half.  Valpo could still be tied for 1st place heading into the Drake game ... hopefully that helps with the crowd, if promoted properly.

Loyola now down 22 with 11 minutes left. 

VUGrad1314

If that scored holds we could have been sitting all alone in first place... Good job Good effort Crusaders...

nkvu

Quote from: EddieCabot on January 23, 2019, 09:29:05 PM
Quote from: EddieCabot on January 23, 2019, 09:15:35 PM

Loyola now down 22 with 11 minutes left. 

Down 27 with 6:23 to go.

jloose128

It's stupid to play what if. The fact of the matter is that Valpo and Loyola are still tied for fist place because both teams were embarrassed tonight.

VALPO LI

Looks like all road teams lost tonight and the 2 top dawgs by a combind 52 points  :crazy:
Shine on Vu

nkvu

MS 70  Loyola 35 final. Drives home the fact that this conference is wide open and anybody can beat anybody.

valpopal

Quote from: nkvu on January 23, 2019, 09:56:15 PM
MS 70  Loyola 35 final. Drives home the fact that this conference is wide open and anybody can beat anybody.

Loyola only had 11 points in the second half, grabbed just 9 rebounds in the whole game: and I thought Valpo's play was embarrassing tonight!  :o 

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

VUBBFan

Quote from: nkvu on January 23, 2019, 09:56:15 PMMS 70  Loyola 35 final. Drives home the fact that this conference is wide open and anybody can beat anybody.

https://loyolaramblers.com//news/2019/1/23/mens-basketball-ramblers-winning-streak-snapped-with-70-35-loss-at-missouri-state.aspx

VUGrad1314

"I can promise you: we're going to look at the film and guys will be challenged."--Matt Lottich

Sounds like we can expect a better effort on Saturday.

I heard it suggested that players are tired of seeing the offense run through Smits. I don't understand that if true. I thought everyone got plenty of touches it's just that not many played well.

Bring your signs on Saturday folks because it appears that our Crusaders need a reminder of what's gotten them to this first place tie and what's expected of them.

Let's get back to basics back to the fundamentals of who we are. Go Valpo! Get gritty and  Stay gritty.

valpotx

If the players are tired of running the offense through Smits, they need to take a hard look at themselves, as their shooting is not giving us any alternatives.  If we have no inside game, they don't get open looks, and they have proven that they can't create their own shot for an open 3, though Golder has that fall-away 2 perfected, similar to Tevonn.
"Don't mess with Texas"