• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

@ Evansville Sat, Feb 2, 1PM CST- MVC TV Network

Started by justducky, January 30, 2019, 10:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpotx

I take back a previous game's comment about Lottich not calling good plays.  It is evident that we have a very low basketball IQ across several of our players, outside of good athletic ability.
"Don't mess with Texas"

jloose128

I feel like I ask myself this every single game, but what happened to Evelyn?

valpotx

I don't ever do this, but I officially give up on this team this season, even when Fazekas comes back.  I just can't take extremely stupid passes on a consistent basis, constant ball watching, and other basketball fundamental lapses.  Similar to last season, this is one of our worst teams in the last 25 years. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

wh

This group is so easy to lull to sleep. The slower the other team plays, the the more drugged we look.

NativeCheesehead

I feel like an absolute sucker dropping a grand for hotel and tickets for St Louis.

VALPO LI

Shine on Vu

VU2014

Quote from: valpotx on February 02, 2019, 02:56:35 PM
I don't ever do this, but I officially give up on this team this season, even when Fazekas comes back.  I just can't take extremely stupid passes on a consistent basis, constant ball watching, and other basketball fundamental lapses.  Similar to last season, this is one of our worst teams in the last 25 years. 

Can't give up on the team. Need to be patient for us to get healthy. Smits and Golder don't seem to be 100% and Fazekas is out. The MVC is pretty mediocre this year so anything can happen in Arch Madness. No one is great this year.

The slide the last few weeks has been frustrating but it's not like they're being completely outclassed in some of these games.

valpotx

I didn't say that I would stop watching, but rather that I am just going to invest less time with the feeling that we can pull a game out, or looking forward to the next game.  My level of caring will go down, which will make me less angry when we do some absolutely bone-headed things on the court :thumbsup:
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpopal

Questions! Questions! Questions!
How does a team with two 7-footers get out-rebounded by Evansville 35-28 and only pull down 2 offensive rebounds?
How does Evelyn play 39 minutes and only score one basket, a gift on a bad call by the officials in the last minute?
How does Valpo score only 53 points against Evansville?
How does a Valpo team shoot only 52.9% from the free throw line?
How does Valpo shoot only 20% from the 3-point line, even without Fazekas?

VU2010

I've expressed my amateur views. Y'all don't agree with me and defend the way he's running this program. At some point, the buck has to stop somewhere. Someday, either you will all see it. Or, I'll be proven wrong. I hope I'm proven wrong. Seriously I do. Yes, the team *SHOULD BE* better next year with Gordon and Robinson eligible. Apart from that, it'll be interesting to see who stays and who goes.

And, for the record, we were only down Fazekas today. So, can't put the blame on being down 3 scorers. Lol onto the next one! I'm sure Illinois State will be ready for us on Tuesday.

Maybe we can go out and only do one thing in practice until then - shoot free throws. Improve in something. Lol or offensive rebounding while shooting free throws ?

justducky

Quote from: NativeCheesehead on February 02, 2019, 02:58:24 PM
I feel like an absolute sucker dropping a grand for hotel and tickets for St Louis.

I'll pay you 10 cents on the dollar and that is my final offer!  ::)

M

We are losing to the worst teams in this conference and looking for bad doing it. How does a D1 team have only 1 guy that can shoot 3s? And save me that one guy would open the floor for the rest...this ship is sinking fast. Free throw shooting is absolutely atrocious.

Out rebounded, out shot, out coached, out smarted...complete dumpster fire.

Give me less Bakari and more Mileek.

valpolaw

The complete downward spiral continues. What a disappointment.

Does lottich ever pull anyone from the game when they do something wrong? Maybe he does but I don't seem to see it. I saw several mistakes by our players that would've put the player right on the bench immediately. Would've at least given mileek a shot

justducky

Quote from: valpotx on February 02, 2019, 01:25:29 PM
Golder looks pretty good mobility-wise so far.

I'm interested to know how others of you assessed his play. To me he looked much less mobile (defense and offense) plus a bit rusty. On the plus side he settled for pull up jumpers (making 2 of 3) in situations that he would usually go to the glass. Is 75% about right? Higher? Lower?

VU2014

Quote from: justducky on February 02, 2019, 03:28:23 PM
Quote from: valpotx on February 02, 2019, 01:25:29 PM
Golder looks pretty good mobility-wise so far.

I'm interested to know how others of you assessed his play. To me he looked much less mobile (defense and offense) plus a bit rusty. On the plus side he settled for pull up jumpers (making 2 of 3) in situations that he would usually go to the glass. Is 75% about right? Higher? Lower?

Yeah I don't think he looked like himself out there. He didn't have the same burst. I think the ankle was altering the lift on his jump shot. A 75%-80% Golder is still a significant boost to the team.

NativeCheesehead

Injuries aside, other than a 4 game stretch that started with Golder's prayer, this is the same team that has been taking the floor all season.

Valpo2013

Quote from: VU2014 on February 02, 2019, 03:02:25 PM

Can't give up on the team. Need to be patient for us to get healthy. Smits and Golder don't seem to be 100% and Fazekas is out. The MVC is pretty mediocre this year so anything can happen in Arch Madness. No one is great this year.

The slide the last few weeks has been frustrating but it's not like they're being completely outclassed in some of these games.

Some of you guys act like Fazekas is LeBron....he will help us no doubt but come on

VU2014

Quote from: Valpo2013 on February 02, 2019, 03:53:58 PM
Quote from: VU2014 on February 02, 2019, 03:02:25 PM

Some of you guys act like Fazekas is LeBron....he will help us no doubt but come on

He's pretty important at spacing the floor, which helps opening up driving lanes and allows the bigs more room to operate. He won't cure everything but he certainly will help. As will getting Smits and Golder closer to 100% healthy.

This team has deeper issues than just health. They need to start hitting their F'ing free throws for one. Wings should be hitting above 70% of their attempts. This team needs another shooter in the offseason, but so will many teams who dip into the grad-transfer market. TBH I'm not sure we'll even want to go that route because we'll already have 7 seniors (barring transfers).

VU2010

"Some of you act like Fazekas is LeBron."

Yes, 2019 is young. But, that's gotta be the post of the year thus far!

VU2010

What does that even mean? He'll know when we know? How would we know if he doesn't know? Wouldn't it be we'll know when he knows?

NativeCheesehead

Lottich has every right to not give us info on injuries. But he doesn't have enough equity with the fan base to make stupid statements like that.

M

Or sub out guys who aren't performing 🤷‍♂️