• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Game #30 @ Bradley Wednesday 2/27/19 7pm

Started by VUSWIM08-12, February 25, 2019, 05:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoldenCrusader87

Bad news: LeBron is out.

Good news: SMITS DUNKED IT!!!!!!!

Better news: SMITS DUNKET IT ... GOOD!!!!

mj

At the under 4 minute break in the first half we're 1-9 from 3. And it's Kaiser who made the 3. Such an amazing offense we have.
I believe that we will win.

VU2014

Not a bad defensive performance but this team doesn't have enough fire power with the injuries. 

jloose128

Oh no, you know who missed a shot to end the half; here come the hot takes.

mj

22 first half points. And of course it's Bakari who takes the last shot at the half. Kaiser leads the team with 7 rebounds.

I'm sorry but anyone who says this team hasn't given up is delusional or lying.

GoldenCrusader87

YES!!!! Just like we drew it up. Freeman with the ball ... shot clock off ....

[insert suspense]

And, he passes! Who to?

Well, Bakari obviously!

3 pointer goes up!

And, it's gooooood!!!!

Oh, wait ... never mind.

NativeCheesehead

Back against the wall. Most important game of most of these players college careers. And we s@"$ the bed in the first 20 min.

Gonna need some bourbon at halftime.

VU2014

Quote from: mj on February 27, 2019, 07:45:06 PM
22 first half points. And of course it's Bakari who takes the last shot at the half.

I'm sorry but anyone who says this team hasn't given up is delusional or lying.

Being bad on offense and giving up are two totally different things.

valpopal

Quote from: valpopal on February 27, 2019, 09:51:00 AM
... in the first meeting our two bigs combined for only 4 rebounds. Fortunately, Golder had 8 rebounds. Will need more presence on the boards by Smits and Sorolla tonight, plus would be a bonus if Golder is fully healthy.

So much for that thinking! At halftime, in a combined 20 minutes of playing time Smits and Sorolla have a total of 0 rebounds (Golder injured again was only able to help with 1 rebound). 

mj

Quote from: VU2014 on February 27, 2019, 07:46:33 PMBeing bad on offense and giving up are two totally different things

Because it sure looks like the team is playing with fire in their bellies right now.

VU2014

Quote from: mj on February 27, 2019, 07:50:34 PM
Quote from: VU2014 on February 27, 2019, 07:46:33 PMBeing bad on offense and giving up are two totally different things

Because it sure looks like the team is playing with fire in their bellies right now.

You saying they look like they're not playing with a ton of energy and giving up are still two different things. I've seen teams "give up" in the past and this isn't that.

mj

Quote from: VU2014 on February 27, 2019, 07:53:56 PMYou saying they look like they're not playing with a ton of energy and giving up are still two different things. I've seen teams "give up" in the past and this isn't that.

Did you see the shot of ML and the coaching staff? They all have the thousand yard stare. If it's not the players, then the coaches have given up.

jloose128

Game over. Season over. Something needs to change.

nkvu

This is would be painfull to watch if I didn't have this thousand yard stare thing going on.

Valpo Joe

This team SUCKS - The Coaching staff SUCKS - ESPN+ streaming SUCKS - GO VALPO  >:(

nkvu

I take it back. It's painfull to watch even with a thousand yard stare.

NativeCheesehead

Hey Joe. There is nothing wrong  with the streaming. Everything else is a s&@$show.

valpolaw

It has been a long time since I have been this disinterested and disappointed in a valpo team. This stuff is embarrassing. 28 points and 11 minutes left in the 2nd half?!!?? 

Idk why I watch these games. I already have plenty of negativity in my life.

wh

We should do an over/under on whether we'll score 45 tonight.

jloose128

Quote from: wh on February 27, 2019, 08:21:57 PM
We should do an over/under on whether we'll score 45 tonight.

40 might be a challenge.

valpolaw

mj

Quote from: VU2014 on February 27, 2019, 07:53:56 PMYou saying they look like they're not playing with a ton of energy and giving up are still two different things. I've seen teams "give up" in the past and this isn't that.

Have they given up now in your opinion?

bigmosmithfan1

VU2014

Valpo is making this challenging to watch. We are pretty inept on offense right now...

wh

Quote from: mj on February 27, 2019, 08:27:09 PM

Have they given up now in your opinion?

Hopefully the team hasn't given up, but I know I have.