• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Transfers

Started by M, March 08, 2019, 02:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many players on our current roster will transfer?

None
3 (4.9%)
One
11 (18%)
Two
17 (27.9%)
Three
11 (18%)
More then (than) three
19 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 61

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: AlecPeters101 on April 29, 2019, 02:42:01 PM
Sorry, I don't post a lot. So when I do it tends to be something that gets on my nerves. That's the only thing that motivates me to post. Besides, isn't that what a forum is for? I obviously hit a soft spot for mileek.

Fan forums remind me of a horrible movie (Private Parts).   

"Researcher: The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes a day. The average Howard Stern fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.
Kenny: How could this be?
Researcher: Answer most commonly given: "I want to see what he'll say next."
Kenny: : All right, fine. But what about the people who hate Stern?
Researcher: Good point. The average Stern hater listens for two and a half hours a day.

I'd imagine that times of strife (Bryce leaving the program and our recent downturn in the new conference) has us glued in greater numbers to the fan forum than most of the 20 win seasons ever did.

Just looking at the Forum Stats, the stat for Most Online Ever was 100 unique users (March 04 2017) at a time when we had just lost our HC.  In addition, there are always far more "readers" than "posters" as a stat on the forum.

Not that anyone cares but I read the forum for a long time before deciding to dip my toes in.  You can thank OklahomaMick for shaming me into contributing!  I guarantee despite all his proclamations that he is still "reading" this forum and just not contributing as well.  He is a Lottich hater, so undoubtedly he reads for "2.5 hours a day" . . .  haha

AlecPeters101

Haha I've been reading this forum for the past 5 years almost daily. I don't necessarily hate lottich I'm just not all in on him. Our offense has been stagnant every season since he's become our coach. I'm a huge vu fan not just some angry troll. But I do get angry at some opinions/things here and there and that's when I decide to post. This forum seems like if you don't post here all the time/tend to agree with everything the majority says and you're not well recognized by all the posters you must be some angry troll or some hater.

VU2014

valpofb16

Major losses to Xfers this year, with Smits going to Butler I'll say this utlimately shows where pride and tradition of bball is headed

Mark L will probably sit on his hands and wait until two years too late to fire Lottich.

It is a reeeeeeeeeal shame Valpo did not have a better AD in '05-'12 range.

VU2014

Quote from: valpofb16 on April 30, 2019, 10:14:54 PM
Major losses to Xfers this year, with Smits going to Butler I'll say this utlimately shows where pride and tradition of bball is headed

Mark L will probably sit on his hands and wait until two years too late to fire Lottich.

If Paul and Todd were pretty much acknowledging Coach Lottich is coaching for his job next season it's probably the case. Tbh, I'm fine with giving Lottich next season with a blank slate. But the arrow needs to be clearly pointing up for the program after next season. It's not a good look to fire a coach after 4 years and it can affect future coaches wanting to take the job, if it doesn't work out with Lottich. It really is a prove it year for Lottich.

VUBBFan

Now fill the two remaining spots with centers or power forwards.  :)

elephtheria47

At the end of the day, this young man went to college and graduated with his degree. Congratulations and best wishes.  Now, transfer to a state where marijuana is legal and he may have a great final 2 seasons!

justducky

Quote from: elephtheria47 on May 01, 2019, 06:46:44 AMAt the end of the day, this young man went to college and graduated with his degree. Congratulations and best wishes. 

:thumbsup: I'm hoping his back pain is permanently gone. If so he still has a future at a D-1 mid major level.
Quote from: elephtheria47 on May 01, 2019, 06:46:44 AMNow, transfer to a state where marijuana is legal and he may have a great final 2 seasons!

At best marijuana use is still a major training violation. Wherever his new home might be I doubt if Micah will be able to go bird watching in the woods without someone demanding a urine sample from every time he hides behind a tree.  :o

IndyValpo

I think at this point D2 or NAIA make much more sense for Bradford.

vuny98

Quote from: valpofb16 on April 30, 2019, 10:14:54 PMMajor losses to Xfers this year, with Smits going to Butler I'll say this utlimately shows where pride and tradition of bball is headed Mark L will probably sit on his hands and wait until two years too late to fire Lottich. It is a reeeeeeeeeal shame Valpo did not have a better AD in '05-'12 range.

Smits going to Butler says nothing about the program in my eyes. Sucks because, well its Butler, but he made a calculated decision, one I may have made myself. He had a good enough year to be looked at by major programs and has eligibility to play immediately. If he were to stay, at best Valpo turns it around next year and he is still just a piece of the puzzle on a good mid major program. At worst Valpo has a rebuilding year and he is stuck at a losing mid-major program again. If he wants to have any shot at a NBA career, he needed to jump up to a larger division where he could start and that plays a system where his talents can shine. That program just happened to be Butler (which is also near his home town, so win-win for him). There are other reasons to feel down about the program. Smits going to a "Rival" (in quotes because hard to be a rival when we dont actually play them) is not one of them.

vuny98

Quote from: IndyValpo on May 01, 2019, 09:05:56 AMI think at this point D2 or NAIA make much more sense for Bradford.

He is still talented enough to play D1, but that will be a hard sell on his part to get a program to use a scholarship on him. Injury prone, not great stats last time he played and the two arrests. I could see a lower level D1 program taking a flyer on him because he still has two years eligibility left and can play right away.

Valpo89

Quote from: vuny98 on May 01, 2019, 09:17:56 AM
Quote from: IndyValpo on May 01, 2019, 09:05:56 AMI think at this point D2 or NAIA make much more sense for Bradford.

He is still talented enough to play D1, but that will be a hard sell on his part to get a program to use a scholarship on him. Injury prone, not great stats last time he played and the two arrests. I could see a lower level D1 program taking a flyer on him because he still has two years eligibility left and can play right away.
Isn't that the type of player that Kampe always used to recruit? :)

VU2014

Quote from: Valpo89 on May 01, 2019, 10:13:51 AM
Quote from: vuny98 on May 01, 2019, 09:17:56 AM

Isn't that the type of player that Kampe always used to recruit? :)

No Kampe recruited guys who committed domestic/sexual assault. Bradford is too much of a choir boy for him lol

JD24

So when guys transfer that we don't want to transfer we're firing the coach and AD and when guys transfer that we're practically begging to transfer do so we're firing the coach and AD?

Can we get through 3 or 4 posts without firing the coach and AD for virtually any reason possible considering neither is going to happen prior to, at least, after next season?

GoldenCrusader87

Matt's coaching next year. It is what it is. Like it or not. Same vanilla offense? Let's hope not. Give the reigns over to an assistant maybe? Idk. Kind of like college football - or pros for that matter. Offensive and defensive coordinators. Both of whom can focus their attention on one part of the game. Matt can coach D. On offense, he looks at a little notecard or something and calls a routinely boring and predictable offense. Give the responsibility over to someone. Don't have someone on staff who can handle it? Then get rid of someone and bring a guy or girl in.

vusupporter

The offense is going to be different next year, simply because there won't be a need to have a 7-footer on the court the whole game. Guessing it opens things up a bit and leads to more 5-out offense.

Pgmado

Before this gets off the rails, I don't know anything. I saw the tweet and it gave me pause for a moment, as I'm sure it did for the rest who saw it.

NativeCheesehead

I'm not sure what's to interpret. He's made a decision and presumably will announce soon. Would still be shocked if it's not NW, unless Illinois stepped up late.

crusader05

Yeah that looked like a standard tweet kinda hyping up his announcement of where he's going next.

VU2014

Quote from: JD24 on May 01, 2019, 10:48:25 AM
So when guys transfer that we don't want to transfer we're firing the coach and AD and when guys transfer that we're practically begging to transfer do so we're firing the coach and AD?

Can we get through 3 or 4 posts without firing the coach and AD for virtually any reason possible considering neither is going to happen prior to, at least, after next season?

Micah's dealer...  ;)

VU2014

valpospartan

Quote from: valpofb16 on April 30, 2019, 10:14:54 PM

This is not a loss.

oklahomamick

Can we get through 3 or 4 posts without firing the coach and AD?

No, not until the coach is fired.
CRUSADERS!!!