• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Transfers

Started by M, March 08, 2019, 02:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many players on our current roster will transfer?

None
3 (4.9%)
One
11 (18%)
Two
17 (27.9%)
Three
11 (18%)
More then (than) three
19 (31.1%)

Total Members Voted: 61

IndyEIT777

vuny98

Quote from: IndyEIT777 on March 12, 2021, 01:18:32 PMhttps://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1370452693316206594?s=20 Breathe for at least one moment friends
Maybe his cryptic tweet was more of a positive. Maybe Lottich sat him down and said with Clay gone, we want you to be the focal point of the offense.

VUGrad1314

Quote from: vuny98 on March 12, 2021, 01:36:14 PM
Quote from: IndyEIT777 on March 12, 2021, 01:18:32 PMhttps://twitter.com/NWIOren/status/1370452693316206594?s=20 Breathe for at least one moment friends
Maybe his cryptic tweet was more of a positive. Maybe Lottich sat him down and said with Clay gone, we want you to be the focal point of the offense.

I've heard this before... (Cough JFL Cough)... Yeah... I'm bracing for a transfer here and hoping I'm wrong...

IndyEIT777

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on March 12, 2021, 01:37:34 PM
Quote from: vuny98 on March 12, 2021, 01:36:14 PM

I've heard this before... (Cough JFL Cough)... Yeah... I'm bracing for a transfer here and hoping I'm wrong...

Trust me, this is still in the back of my mind. However, JFL transferred supposedly due to family reasons. We have no further information regarding his transfer reasons so I'll trust him on that. It does seem like Sheldon based on his twitter action is more invested in the Valpo experience than JFL was.

I do agree with vuny98 that Lottich probably told him he's the guy on offense next year so that might be enough to entice him to stay.

wh

Quote from: AlecPeters101 on March 12, 2021, 01:00:28 PM
Had to log in to my 5 year old account just to share some inside knowledge. I know some kids on the team. I hear players f*>'king hate Matt lottich. Dudes a douche. Take that how you will. Thank you, I will be taking no further questions.

Just looked at your old posts. Two things come to mind - you've hated Matt Lottich from the beginning, and I don't think you know anyone on the team or even anyone who knows anyone on the team. That doesn't make you all bad. In 2017 you called anyone who thought the university should get rid of the Crusader a pxxsy. Based on that post alone, I hope you start posting more often.  ;)

wh

GoVU

It would break my heart if Connor or Sheldon (or JO) leave. Especially for the two guys who took a prep year, after not being not recruited too hard, Valpo took a chance on all three of these men. To me, our entire success as a program is built on these "diamond in the rough" type players and stories. To leave after having a season with some individual success would feel like a slap to the face.

wh

Quote from: AlecPeters101 on March 12, 2021, 02:34:42 PM
I'm a college kid who went to vhs, I think that should narrow down who I know and what I know lol. Wouldnt make it up. Also I was a dumb high schooler then. I don't hold a lot of the same opinions from 2017 lol. The name change opinion I do still hold though 😎

Welcome back.  :thumbsup:

vu72

Quote from: AlecPeters101 on March 12, 2021, 02:34:42 PM
I'm a college kid who went to vhs, I think that should narrow down who I know and what I know lol. Wouldnt make it up. Also I was a dumb high schooler then. I don't hold a lot of the same opinions from 2017 lol. The name change opinion I do still hold though 😎

So Steve Helm told you they fu##king hate Matt Lottich?  Right, so very believable.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

AlecPeters101

I don't care if you believe me, doesn't make it any less true. Just thought I'd share something from someone who is involved in the very thing we post about on this board.

VUGrad1314

I mean I'm not saying he's right but it could be legit. It would explain the player retention issues and the fact that Matt rarely takes responsibility for repeated poor performance with the same issues night in night out and repeatedly getting outcoached. Those are the hallmarks of one who would be disliked by those around him who probably know him best. Again I'm not saying he's right or that Matt is as described here but it certainly would explain a lot.

valpotx

Good for Mileek.  I don't take that as a loss on my side.  It would be great if he returned, but I wasn't expected him back anyways, due to graduation.  Sackey, same thing, but more tied to how much his skill set seemed to degrade this season.  The guy cannot shoot...at all.  He missed wide open layups...often.  I have enjoyed his overall leadership and genuine affinity for the university, but if he needs a change of scenery to get rid of 'the yips' in his shot, more power to him.  Still not worried at this point.  I will actually worry if Sheldon, JO, Barrett, or Krikke announce such a thing.
"Don't mess with Texas"

vuny98

Here's how the Sackey transfer search will go.

Sackey – Hi, I would like to play for your team
Coach – Great, tell me about yourself
Sackey – Well I'm really really fast
Coach – Awesome, so a great ball handler?
Sackey – Well, not really, but I am fast like I said
Coach – So you must have a great shot?
Sackey – Not so much no, but really, I am fast.
Coach – Can you at least hit a layup consistently?
Sackey – I can run to the basket fast, but could you define what you mean by consistently?
Coach – Ummm, let's try something else... You're fast, so you must be a lock down defender right?
Sackey – Well I can catch up to people and chase them around the court, you know, because of my speed. But I have some trouble defending due to my height.
Coach – Your height? Why how tall are you?
Sackey – I am 5'8", but I am listed as 5'9"
Coach - ...

Sorry that was mean... He seems like a great kid and I hope he finds success at his next stop. He hustles and puts in a lot of hard work. But he is not a starter at this level for what we need. As a role player off the bench he would be great.

JD24

Quote from: AlecPeters101 on March 12, 2021, 01:00:28 PMHad to log in to my 5 year old account just to share some inside knowledge. I know some kids on the team. I hear players f*>'king hate Matt lottich. Dudes a douche. Take that how you will. Thank you, I will be taking no further questions.
Thank you for sharing  ;D

Chitwood

@Alecpeters101

I agree with your reporting. It's clear that the players don't respond/admire him the same way that they did for Bryce. I've also heard some rumblings about not connecting well with the coaching staff.

Just curious – do you have any information to further elaborate about why they think he is a "douche"? Is it a personality thing, like he is a jerk, or is it more of a basketball thing like they don't respect his coaching/knowledge/concepts/style?

AlecPeters101

Honestly don't know, I haven't had an extensive conversation surrounding it. Just kind of came up and I was surprised when I heard what was said.

VU2014

Pretty interesting to hear this from a former Valpo Bryce Drew Manager & Graduate Assistant... "better situation". Hopefully it was not meant personally and is just referring to playing time.

https://twitter.com/kwo4/status/1370438751269314567?s=21

wh

NotBryceDrew

Look you can put you name in and take it out. Let's not get too worked up about what we see right now until we see how the dust settles. I'm not sold that everyone that has their name in will leave.

On a positive note, there's been chatter that something very great could happen for us regarding transferring in it's early but will see if it happens. Stay positive guys.

valpotx

Interesting that the transfer portal site already lists their prediction as 100% SLU for Clay. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

crusader05

don't be a tease :) If you know some info at least drop a breadcrumb or two for us to pore over and chase down rabbit holes

elephtheria47

Still not too concerned. As others have mentioned, Sankey seemed to be detrimental to the team. Might be addition by subtraction.

Clay is obviously the biggest one. And I believe we will be able to sign someone equally as talented. It's a historic amount of transfers  for a reason, everyone is putting their name in. And who knows how many may legit want to get back closer to home after a season with no fans, no social life, or even worse, family was allowed but your family was eight hours away.

Valpo still has name recognition. We play in the Valley. We have solid returning players. We have lots to offer and can be close to or at the top. It's always the sky is falling when the names out are announced, but now we have to make sure the names in are moving the needle and a good fit.

No comment or input on Matt Lottich as a person, other than I don't think he is the most personable guy, but that doesn't mean he can't relate or is a douche or anything else. As a coach I think he may be slightly improving and it's hard to gage with the turnover.

oklahomamick

Guys, which is it?  You can't have it both ways.....

You either have a transfer out problem at Valpo or we aren't recruiting good enough.

Sackey and McMillian can transfer, they aren't good enough.....Well then we shouldn't have recruited them or start them and play them so many games if they aren't good enough. 

Look, players transferring out of Valpo at the rate they are is a problem, whether they are good or bad players.  First of all, we are experiencing good and bad players leaving our treasured program.  Second of all, maybe Lottich needs to recruit better players. 
CRUSADERS!!!

VUGrad1314

Quote from: oklahomamick on March 12, 2021, 08:39:59 PMGuys, which is it?  You can't have it both ways..... You either have a transfer out problem at Valpo or we aren't recruiting good enough. Sackey and McMillian can transfer, they aren't good enough.....Well then we shouldn't have recruited them or start them and play them so many games if they aren't good enough. Look, players transferring out of Valpo at the rate they are is a problem, whether they are good or bad players.  First of all, we are experiencing good and bad players leaving our treasured program.  Second of all, maybe Lottich needs to recruit better players.

Or thirdly maybe Valpo needs to recruit a better coach but they won't because it's too expensive. Strap in everyone We've got like three more years of this...