• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Non-Conference games 2019-2020 season

Started by tiny707, March 13, 2019, 02:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oklahomamick

CRUSADERS!!!

NotBryceDrew

vufan75

Quote from: oklahomamick on August 15, 2019, 10:05:35 PM
Will we see SLU at the ARC?
Doubt it. Would be nice series though.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

VUGrad1314

USH seems to indicate that we should get ready for a mix of buy games and REALLY crappy home games for the most part. This is thanks to the NET.

Valpower

Quote from: Just Sayin on August 16, 2019, 01:47:17 PM

what does ?s=21 mean?

It's probably the Tapatalk iPhone app not doing a good job of cleanly embedding a tweet that doesn't have any follow up text. Shared tweets have code at the end of the URL that helps track the source. It's not the poster putting it there purposefully, so it means nothing.

Personally, I find embedded tweets to be a scourge. They ruin the ability to go to the last-read message when you click the "new" button on a thread.

M

Excited to hear the buyout money is going back into the program and not dispersed throughout the university.

Anxiously awaiting the schedule release. Seems to take longer every year (it might not actually be longer but it feels that way!).

crusadermoe

Great to hear that a game at SLU is likely if not LOCKED DOWN!!    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:   

This only humors my delusional quest to add them to the MVC some day soon.    ;)

I've listed all of the many advantages to SLU ad nausem.

EddieCabot

Quote from: EddieCabot on July 17, 2019, 03:59:59 PM
So, here's what I think I know as of today.  Anything I'm missing?:

Home - GW, Vandy, Toledo
Road - High Point, Charlotte
Neutral - Paradise Jam (3 games) + 1 "non-bracketed" game (home or away)
Unknown - 4 unknown games remaining

A month later, we have additional information, but more questions.

Home - Toledo
Road - High Point, Charlotte, SLU
Neutral - Paradise Jam (3 games)
Unknown - 6 unknown games, including the "non-bracketed" game from the Paradise Jam

Per South Dakota State's twitter, they'll be travelling to Indiana for a non-conference game, so they remain a possible opponent.

VUGrad1314

That is a good get if true. SDSU is a very solid program.

VUBBFan

If you look at SDSU's cryptic scheduling tease. They will be playing either Evansville or us at home.
https://twitter.com/happeninghoops/status/1163829830368014336

VALPO LI

Quote from: VUGrad1314 on August 20, 2019, 02:35:22 PM

I have to agree that would be a good entertaining home game.  Jackrabbits went 24-9 last year and got invited to the NIT. 
Shine on Vu

EddieCabot

Quote from: VALPO LI on August 20, 2019, 05:47:12 PM

I have to agree that would be a good entertaining home game.  Jackrabbits went 24-9 last year and got invited to the NIT.

Agree, but SDSU loses Daum and 2 other seniors.  I doubt they'll be as good next season, but I do think Oztelberger is a good coach, so who knows.

IrishDawg

Quote from: EddieCabot on August 20, 2019, 09:17:56 PM

Agree, but SDSU loses Daum and 2 other seniors.  I doubt they'll be as good next season, but I do think Oztelberger is a good coach, so who knows.

Oztelberger coaches UNLV now, so SDSU might really drop off, but we'll see.

oklahomamick

several years ago we had a home and away contract with Saint Louis.  I believe they were ranked when they visited us
CRUSADERS!!!

valpo64

when SLU played us at Valpo, I think the game went to 4 or 5 overtimes and SLU won with a tip in of a missed shot at the buzzer.  I believe we lost at St. Louis by around 15 points or so.

crusadermoe

I think the loss at Valpo was very close but lost by a couple points in regulation time.   

But yes the outcome of the game in St. Louis sounds about right.

justducky

Quote from: crusadermoe on August 21, 2019, 03:07:28 PMI think the loss at Valpo was very close but lost by a couple points in regulation time.   

Lexus didn't box his man out!    :'(  :'(  :deadhorse:   :'(.   Thus the buzzer tip in!

elephtheria47

Man, I'm nervous about how bad this home schedule is gonna be now. Less than 3 months out and not a peep..

JD24

Quote from: justducky on August 21, 2019, 03:33:18 PM
Quote from: crusadermoe on August 21, 2019, 03:07:28 PMI think the loss at Valpo was very close but lost by a couple points in regulation time.
Lexus didn't box his man out!    :'(  :'(  :deadhorse:   :'(.   Thus the buzzer tip in!
Todd said it all:
"Basket's good and the Billikens win".  :'(

EddieCabot

No Valpo on SDSU's schedule.

EddieCabot

It may have been mentioned already, but I just saw that the Paradise Jam games will be streamed on FloHoops.com