• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

MVC Media Day 2019-2020

Started by tiny707, September 23, 2019, 05:30:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiny707

What players are Valpo bringing? My guess is Ryan and Javon.

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: tiny707 on September 23, 2019, 05:30:30 PM

That's a really solid guess, can't argue with those two if that's the case.

4throwfan

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on September 23, 2019, 06:31:49 PM

Seems that they would have a hard time leaving Sackey at home.  He's on the intro page for the web-site, and seems (to my outside eye) to be team leader.

VUBBFan

FieldGoodie05

Quote from: 4throwfan on September 24, 2019, 09:05:44 AM

Seems that they would have a hard time leaving Sackey at home.  He's on the intro page for the web-site, and seems (to my outside eye) to be team leader.

You make a good point.  Sometimes a pick isn't about leadership as much as it is inclusion of different leaders at different times.  Sackey is not a threat to defect next year.  Keeping Javon tied into the program and feeling like a visible team leader may be a reason enough.

4throwfan

Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on September 24, 2019, 10:35:28 AM

You make a good point.  Sometimes a pick isn't about leadership as much as it is inclusion of different leaders at different times.  Sackey is not a threat to defect next year.  Keeping Javon tied into the program and feeling like a visible team leader may be a reason enough.

Good point as well.  Seems that they have a nice problem to have in that they have several good choices, but could only choose two (if they were so limited - I don't know).

However, in arguing against you, wasn't Golder somewhat of a centerpiece at the event last year?  If it didn't help his retention, are we sure that it will help in Javon's case.  Fazekas is a senior, so retention for him is not an issue.

Still, I think you're right, but it's a close one.

VUBBFan

A few more pics from Media day

https://twitter.com/ValpoAD/status/1176511120204599298

https://twitter.com/ValpoAD/status/1176511777464553472

Good representation for Valpo. Can only take two players, so you usually want seniors and best players. Javon is our best player ( at least in my opinion ) and Ryan  is our most valuable senior. I think Daniel will get his turn later.

bbtds

Quote from: 4throwfan on September 24, 2019, 10:51:15 AM
Quote from: FieldGoodie05 on September 24, 2019, 10:35:28 AM

Good point as well.  Seems that they have a nice problem to have in that they have several good choices, but could only choose two (if they were so limited - I don't know).

However, in arguing against you, wasn't Golder somewhat of a centerpiece at the event last year?  If it didn't help his retention, are we sure that it will help in Javon's case.  Fazekas is a senior, so retention for him is not an issue.

Still, I think you're right, but it's a close one.

Knowing Valpo they should have taken Donovan Clay so he could have stayed in his own bed in Alton. Much cheaper.

Ok, that was very facetious.