• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo at Drake Game Thread, Wednesday, Feb. 19 – 7 p.m. CT (ESPN+)

Started by Valpower, February 18, 2020, 07:47:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuny98

Of our 4 remaining games, I would say this one has our highest chance for victory.

MoST has been on the upswing, Bradley has been playing great as of late and Indiana State is really tough at home. All of those are winnable, but I feel best about our chances against Drake.

Plus with Drake still having to play both UNI and Loyola still, a win tomorrow would give us a really good chance of keeping us above them in the final standings.

vu84v2

Quote from: Valpower on February 18, 2020, 07:47:50 AM
http://valpoathletics.com/mbasketball/news/2019-20/19721/mens-basketball-seeks-to-extend-winning-streak-on-wednesday/

Will 3 be a charm as we seek 3 in a row and our 3rd conference road win with 3 regular-season games to follow?

Yes. Valpo will win on a three pointer by JFL (distinguished by his three initials).

usc4valpo

I will be there to see JFL pop the trifecta and I will take him out to Jethro's BBQ after the game!
https://jethrosdesmoines.com

justducky

Quote from: usc4valpo on February 18, 2020, 10:08:45 AM
I will be there to see JFL pop the trifecta and I will take him out to Jethro's BBQ after the game!
https://jethrosdesmoines.com

Thats fine but there might be Drake fans in the kitchen so we insist you guinea pig test his food so that he comes to no harm! We don't care if you get the runs but JFL will be needed on Sat (Bradley) and Tuesday (MSU) and Sat (ISUb) again!  ;)

Valpo2013

It would be nice if we don't get a bunch of "fire Lottich" posts after this game
Such over reactions on here it's really hard to enjoy this as a distraction from accounting work all day

The guy has done as good a job as you can expect following the Drew's
Players seem to like him and we don't see many off court issues with his team
Unfortunately we as fans think that Valpo should be contending for titles year after year

Those days are over. This league is tough. No easy games. We need to be thankful to be in the middle of the pack and consider a third place finish as a huge year

4throwfan

As could be expected of a team with key freshmen and sophomores and transfers, this team has been consistently inconsistent.  If they're consistently inconsistent against Drake, then that game will include some great play, and some terrible stretches.  It seems that the deciding factor as to whether Valpo wins is whether Valpo scores more when it is playing well than Drake scores when Valpo is playing terribly.  Ideally, the players buy in to the concept that inconsistent bad play can be ironed out by great defense for the full 40 minutes.  If Valpo plays solid defense for the full game, but is still inconsistent on offense, then they should win.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

valpo84

"Christmas is for presents, March is for Championships." Denny Crum

FWalum

Quote from: FWalum on February 15, 2020, 01:45:55 PMYes, JFL has great anticipation, is quick and long, but he is not a great on ball defender and because of his natural tendency to anticipate the defenders reaction, often is not "in front" of his man to prevent the slash or drive to the basket.
I take this all back after rewatching the second half of the last game. Now just put together 2 halves against Drake!!
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

NativeCheesehead

JFL would have had 100 steals a year if Vashil was playing behind him. Can you imagine the chances he could take with a legit rim protector in the paint?

VUfan

VU 73 Drake 68   The playoffs begin!!   get to the Basket !

VUGrad1314

So inconsistent... Drake is the better team right now... We are in danger of digging another hole... This team makes me want to scream sometimes... The opportunities have been there we need to take advantage of them... We need this game...

NativeCheesehead

mj

I turn the game on and immediately watch Sackey turn it over....
I believe that we will win.

nkvu

Two more unanswered two pointers and we'll have them right where we want them.

So it was a two and a three. For an 18 point lead. I guess we want to outdo our last game comeback.

Do we have to do something like this every game?

VUGrad1314

STOP SHOOTING THREES

STOP SHOOTING THREES

STOP SHOOTING THREES

STOP SHOOTING THREES

STOP SHOOTING THREES

STOP SHOOTING THREES

STOP SHOOTING THREES

STOP SHOOTING THREES

VUSWIM08-12

Lottich is a dumb MF, take the timeout a possession earlier, how does he have a Stanford education, moronic to put it lightly...

VUGrad1314

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

valpolaw

mj

I believe that we will win.

VUGrad1314

Save us Javon You're our only hope... Again... Do your shoulders hurt from carrying this team constantly?