• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Butler 3-13

Started by JD24, March 13, 2021, 11:27:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JD24

Washington playing. 2 guys down already. Duncan can't throw a smoke route.

Mid season form!

;D ;D

Down 7-0 and a dropped pass from 14-0.

JD24

....and another missed WR behind the LOS. Those are essentially handoffs and the QB can't get the ball to the wideout.

JD24

...and we begin to see why Washington was recruited.

Offense should be hand it to Washington and fake handing it to Washington and let Duncan run.

JD24

....and I'm right and we go right down the field for the tying TD.

my resume for next OC is on the way!!!!

JD24

Turnovers are good for us. Lets do something with it.

JD24

Nice throw on that TD pass.

Halftime 14-7 our guys.

JD24

same Butler WR drops the same TD pass. 2 definite scores dropped.

JD24

They take it right down the field mostly on the ground (interior DL getting torn up it appears). Tie game.

JD24

We kick a FG and get a big 4th down stop.

Marching at the moment.

Washington over 150 yards. Real deal with this guy. Makes them miss and runs north south.

JD24

Another TD pass from Duncan. Up 10.

Duncan's made a few throws when he's had to which have been big.

valpotx

We definitely have some hosses on the OL.  Obviously not going to be as solid in their technique as other schools that Washington played, but he probably loves running behind these big boys. 
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

Dang, he is good.  We haven't had a true rusher like this since Jeff Horton.  Jarrett Morgan was a solid back, but was more tricky to catch, versus the North/South style of Horton & Washington.  Brandon Hall and Jake Hutson also had some success, but still not in the same class.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpotx

BUCK FUTLER FOREVER!  Good win, guys! :)
"Don't mess with Texas"

vu72

Seems we may have been "hiding" Mr. Washington on the two deeps!  199 yards in his first game for the Brown and Gold!  Nice win but the "real" game is in two weeks!  Need a win next week.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

bbtds

There is joy in Indy once more.

Too bad there was no Valpo alumni group there.

Send the Bulldogs to bed early for losing and so they don't party, especially with Covid, and losing an hour of sleep.

VALPO FOOTBALL IS UNDEFEATED!!!!!!

valpofb16

Thoughts of from the game...

RB: Obviously coaches tried to pull a bait and switch with Washington in the 2 Deep. He's the real deal. Lane looked very fast on his one touch.

WR: No real drops, Larose had some big plays, hopefully Matt Ross is okay, was interesting two freshman played here (#2 Maxwell/#13 Contreras)

TE: #48 Hodge big touchdown out of slot, they struggled blocking

OL: Quite frankly will need to be better vs. Drake but happy for this win

QB: Duncan played well enough to win and was a great game manager kudos to him. It appears Lawson has beat out Nimz for the second spot

DL: Rotated about 9 guys from what i saw, and Price as a freshman, really held their own despite being undersized

LB: Psota, Peifer, and Annis is a quality group

DB: Both Hebda's made mistakes, need David to come down harder in the alley. Henry lost in coverage a few times. Other than that excited for state of program, hopefully Sherman is alright. Big pick by Sciarroni and fumble recovery by Turner.

Summary: The transfer market and Fox's recruits played a big portion in this win. I think a healthy mix of both is needed at Valpo. The D and Washington should be enough to keep us within 14 in any game this season. With the talent in the class coming in (before the transfer market) and the way the young guys played. I think the future is bright.

JD24

Quote from: valpofb16 on March 14, 2021, 08:44:35 AMIt appears Lawson has beat out Nimz for the second spot
Lawson only played in what appeared to be pure "wildcat" situations. I'm not sure that's the indicator of who the 2nd stringer or backup is. If Duncan had to come out for any period of time is Lawson the guy? Maybe he is but I don't think we can base this on yesterday.

vok22

I have never really followed Valpo Football besides the occasional appearance on a Saturday with nothing to do. Can somebody enlighten me as to how Valparaiso University has a former Alabama recruit at running back.

valpofb16

Robert definitely saw our facilities and a value of a Valparaiso degree and told Mr. Saban he couldn't pass up the opportunity

valpotx

Just look at this timeline from a few years back lol.  We will never see such a guy as this in our Football program again.  My guess is that he just wants to show consistency at the college level through playing time and additional highlight reel, and if he has pro ambitions, it can happen.  If he stands out at an FCS non-scholarship school, guys have been picked in the NFL draft and as free agents, from our level and below.

https://247sports.com/player/robert-washington-21689/
"Don't mess with Texas"