• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Possible new Pioneer team an hour away?

Started by may know, March 30, 2021, 10:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

may know

valpotx

That would be interesting, with their budget struggles.  I would love to see Chicago State turn around their difficulties.
"Don't mess with Texas"

VUGrad1314

Good for them. I wonder if they'll be able to get into a more geographically friendly conference in the near future. If the OVC loses more members I could see them as a potential fit and of course the MEAC could probably use them as a member to help keep that conference afloat. It seems to me like they're going to be able to hold on to D1 status. Good for them!

usc4valpo

With the Chicago State financial situation, unfortunately nothing is certain.

Lurking Dog

This sounds like a rehashing of their AD's plan that got some news coverage four years ago.  I see no evidence that it's anything more than an idea in his head.

I think the paywall article talks about a team in 2022, which simply won't happen.  Recruiting for fall '22 freshmen has been going on for awhile, and they would need to have a coach by now.  Not to mention, a little publicity that they're starting a team? 

This doesn't even rise to the level of an April Fools' joke.

IndyValpo

Quote from: Lurking Dog on April 01, 2021, 12:30:36 PM
This sounds like a rehashing of their AD's plan that got some news coverage four years ago.  I see no evidence that it's anything more than an idea in his head.

I think the paywall article talks about a team in 2022, which simply won't happen.  Recruiting for fall '22 freshmen has been going on for awhile, and they would need to have a coach by now.  Not to mention, a little publicity that they're starting a team? 

This doesn't even rise to the level of an April Fools' joke.

I had to chuckle at this one. This from the AD with a straight face suggested the Horizon was a possible landing spot.

I not sure the Pioneer League would even take them.

CSU joined the Mid-Con when it was desperate. They joined the WAC when they were desperate. Their next conference will come when someone is desperate. They are the last resort school.

usc4valpo

Valpo would vote to let them just to get a W anyway possible.

VUSupport

CSU's new AD Elliot Charles doesn't want to add any teams to a declining department. Probably will move to NAIA before that happens