• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Week 1 Indiana Wesleyan

Started by valpofb16, August 29, 2021, 03:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valpofb16

First game of the 2021 season. IWU was within 3 points of Butler in 2019, and within 9 to Indianapolis NAIA powerhouse Marian last season.

An older roster IWU will take on a VU team with a lot of momentum. This will be a game that really spotlights Limbach.

He has a returning OL. QB in from Weber State. Returning WR group with addition from Eastern Illinois. And an FBS tight end and two FBS running backs.

If Limbach is capable (big if), VU should have no problems getting to 40 points. If it is a tight game to the wire thanks to the defense again, that clock may need to start ticking.

vu72

Quote from: valpofb16 on August 29, 2021, 03:44:51 PM
First game of the 2021 season. IWU was within 3 points of Butler in 2019, and within 9 to Indianapolis NAIA powerhouse Marian last season.

An older roster IWU will take on a VU team with a lot of momentum. This will be a game that really spotlights Limbach.

He has a returning OL. QB in from Weber State. Returning WR group with addition from Eastern Illinois. And an FBS tight end and two FBS running backs.

If Limbach is capable (big if), VU should have no problems getting to 40 points. If it is a tight game to the wire thanks to the defense again, that clock may need to start ticking.

So you are saying Berry gets  the start at QB?
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

usc4valpo

For football, is any game a gimme for the Beacs?

valpofb16

I have no idea who gets start at QB. my gut is telling my Berry as they were marketing him 8 days before opener.

Nimz- staff has had for 3 years and waited until Duncan situation was glaring. Only started him once. Not sure what they think

Jackson-was all conference in D3, hasn't taken a snap in 24 months of live football.

Berry-saw snaps on an FCS playoff team last season, somewhat of a no brainer.

Lawson-probably still running package quarterback. No idea what he brings to table in air.

Kaplan/Appel- QBs from Georgia/Ohio powerhouse. Would be shocked if either played.

Pgmado

Quote from: valpofb16 on August 30, 2021, 09:39:49 AMmy gut is telling my Berry as they were marketing him 8 days before opener.

Nimz was marketed today.

valpotx

"Don't mess with Texas"

usc4valpo

valpofb16

PGMado saw that , Fox also mentioned Kaplan could see reps , so it's going to be one of the 4.

He also mentioned this a senior filled squad that took Butler to the wire as sophomores.

Valpo has more talent / IWU more experience.

Going to be hopefully optimistic here

Beacs 27 IWU 13

vu72

Don't know how big Indiana Wesleyan is but our offense line averages 303#.  Our defensive line is obviously built for speed as we aren't very big.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpofb16

interesting tidbits from game notes

QB: Berry or Nimz - as expected
RB: as expected
WR: Ross started opener last season, appears Contreras will continue starting, Bingham over Maxwell a surprise. All will plat
TE: Conlin over our Wake xfer interesting , returning starter Bittner not lister
OL: Stone moves into starting at LT, Byrd switches to RT, Parrish moves to Center, 6 guys have started in 2 Deep-O Freshman
DL: Undersized, Kessen steps in, Martins beats our price who started last year
LB: Chilton over Psota interesting, good to see Twigg back
CB: Lopez listed here instead of LB, experienced group
S: Once again, thin experience wise at safety

usc4valpo

Is the Beaver going to start on Saturday?

bbtds

usc4valpo

Not a lot of excitement for this upcoming game. shields up folks!

VUSWIM08-12

Heading over to Marion tomorrow evening to watch my first LIVE VU football game in years. I live in Kokomo so may as well make the 40 minute drive. 50% chance of rain but shouldn't be a wash out. $12/ticket. I like us by 17!

bbtds

"I came back, I'm getting my masters and I'm going to finish what I started. Jobs will come and go, but I'll be able to look back and know that I finished every last drop of college football that I could. That means a lot to me. I didn't want to look back with regrets."

Well, ain't that a modern outlook.

I certainly hope this young man is rewarded for his stalwart pursuit of his college dreams.

bbtds

Does anyone know if the video provided by Stretch and IWU has a cost or is it free? Looks like you might have to register.

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/Indianawesleyan/

Brandon

Quote from: bbtds on September 03, 2021, 01:34:55 PM
Does anyone know if the video provided by Stretch and IWU has a cost or is it free? Looks like you might have to register.

The Stretch Internet feed will be free, and I just got word from Indiana Wesleyan that they've added ESPN3 for this as well: https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=83f002ad-40f6-481e-8e2a-a9a6421e51af.

bbtds

Quote from: Brandon on September 03, 2021, 03:31:54 PM
Quote from: bbtds on September 03, 2021, 01:34:55 PM

The Stretch Internet feed will be free, and I just got word from Indiana Wesleyan that they've added ESPN3 for this as well: https://www.espn.com/watch/player?id=83f002ad-40f6-481e-8e2a-a9a6421e51af.

Thanks, you are a Beacon of light in a sometimes dark message board. Go Valpo!!!!

valpofb16

This is a .500 NAIA team, down 21-0 mid first. Maybe better off for safety of players to forfeit next week.

valpofb16

Finally get a stop and with our two FBS Runningbacks Limbach puts hands in unproven QB.

Also benched in incumbent QB after 3 plays. Carlson level botch job

ProudCrusader

Limbaugh's play calling and his ability to evaluate talent are not good.

valpofb16

ProudCrusader

usc4valpo