• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Valpo vs Davidson

Started by covufan, November 14, 2011, 01:17:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

covufan

Can we close the 2011 season with a victory?  The defense has been playing better.  If the team can stay focused, we have a chance.

Valpo   -  20
Davidson - 30

valpotx

Since I predicted 2 wins this year, I will go with:

Valpo 28
Davidson 21
"Don't mess with Texas"

swiftmutiny

Valparaiso: 35
Davidson: 28

Their offensive line seems pretty fragile. They've allowed for a whopping 42 sacks on the season and their running game has been negligible at best (even worse than ours statistically). If we're able to get good pressure on the quarterback and not make stupid turnovers, we could very well win again.

milanmiracle

Well, I guess I get to be Debbie Downer...

Valpo 17
Davidson 35

It's still a process but at least there was some version of a light at the end of the tunnel last week!
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

historyman

vu72

Quote from: milanmiracle on November 14, 2011, 06:38:34 PM
Well, I guess I get to be Debbie Downer...

Valpo 17
Davidson 35

It's still a process but at least there was some version of a light at the end of the tunnel last week!

Why would you want to change at this late date?  The Campbell win wasn't against the Little Sisters of the Poor.  Campbell had beaten Butler, Marist, San Diego, Davidson and Morehead State for five in a row.

Who knows how we will react to winning but I'm guessing if we lose it will be a hard fought game all the way.  I see another Valpo win, 28-24   ;D
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

78crusader

new2ff

setshot

TG the losing streak is over. Unfortunately,IMO, we will lose to Davidson and begin a 6-8 game losing streak until we get a win toward the end of next season. Maybe,just maybe, we can schedule a patsy like Holy Cross to open the 2012 season. A win in the season opener could do wonders for the the team and VU. Here's hoping. ;)

bbtds

Quote from: setshot on November 15, 2011, 03:20:37 PM
TG the losing streak is over. Unfortunately,IMO, we will lose to Davidson and begin a 6-8 game losing streak until we get a win toward the end of next season. Maybe,just maybe, we can schedule a patsy like Holy Cross to open the 2012 season. A win in the season opener could do wonders for the the team and VU. Here's hoping. ;)

Holy Cross Crusaders of Worcester, MA? Of the Patriot League?

Or are you talking about Holy Cross College of Notre Dame, IN?  Do they even play football at HCC of Indiana?

jimdandy

valpo04

Davidson with a TD right before halftime to go up 16-14.

valpo04

23-14 Davidson.  Valpo's -20 rushing yards and 59 penalty yards aren't helping.

vuweathernerd

9:41 left, 4th quarter. davidson leads 30-14. fingers crossed for a 4th quarter comeback.

vuweathernerd

final: 30-22 davidson. tough luck guys.

historyman

Final score

Valpo 22
Davidson 30

And so ends Valpo's 1-10, 2011 season. Let's hope for 2 to 3 more wins next year. As we all know there is much room for improvement but they actually did make some big strides this year. That win over Campbell (that team should be called the Soups) was so huge for this team that was so down.

KL31NY

The Campbell win and close loss to Davidson was a great way to end the year. Today seemed pretty tight until the Camels jumped ahead by 14, and by the time Valpo scored it was too late to get an ideal opportunity to tie. I might not be around the area to see how well the improvement continues in 2012, but I'd love to see this trend of competitive games throughout next season. A couple more wins would be nice too.
"Confidence is huge: believing you're better than the other guy gives you an advantage."
–Jason Kendall, Throwback, pp. 176

sectionee

setshot

We followed the last 1-10 season by going 0-11 the next year. Will history repeat itself? :'(

historyman

Quote from: setshot on November 19, 2011, 03:40:52 PM
We followed the last 1-10 season by going 0-11 the next year. Will history repeat itself? :'(

You know, setshot, you're sounding like the guy who doesn't want anything to change so he ignores the change that is actually happening. This Valpo football team actually is improving and they proved it against Campbell with an actual win. An actual win. You can't deny the fact that they did WIN that game. Stop sticking your head in the sand thinking that the Valpo football team will go back to being bad like you seem to want and admit they have improved a great deal. You can't get VU to drop football now. Things are really getting better.

setshot

milanmiracle

I am happy for the positive direction the team has gone in the last two games, but let's not get too carried away. Improvement is being shown and at this point that's progress. That's all I hoped for going into this year and for the most part that was accomplished. That being said they are 1-21 in the last two years, so you might want to keep things in perspective.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

setshot

Valpo is not going anywhere. Sagarin has again ranked us at the very bottom - #246. Hell, even Davidson's win over Valpo didn't move the Wildcats up in the rankings. They are still #243. Drop football!

bbtds