• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Beacons Officially Seeking New OC

Started by NWIGuy, December 31, 2021, 10:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NWIGuy

Posted today on footballscoop.com...

Valparaiso University (FCS - IN): Valparaiso University, who participates in the Pioneer Football League, is seeking to immediately hire an offensive coordinator. Please send a resume, references, and cover letter to landon.fox@valpo.edu.

valpotx

You never want to see someone lose their job, but it had to happen.  Our defense is top notch for our conference, and we need at least some sort of serviceable offensive schemes, in order to complement such a thing.  We won't have A+ RBs to bail us out moving forward.  The Washington and Oreyoka-type is not likely to consider Valpo on a consistent basis.  Who knows, maybe Fox establishes such an awesome FBS transfer pipeline of RBs, but I wouldn't fault him if he can't win those again.
"Don't mess with Texas"

valpofb16

Needed to happen. Side note. I have been talking to a few recruits who are saying the admin office is refusing to give them further aid.

How stupid is this University? Enrollment is tanking and we have surefire future athletes that then could become alumni and donors but no we'd rather have further empty dorms. Idiots running the school

valpofb16

I do hope that we hire Quinn Schafer!!!!

JD24

Position is not listed in the job openings site for the University which typically does occur.

The coach himself hasn't changed his twitter account to reflect that he's left and he's still listed on the Valpo site. So maybe this is a case of not moving on until there is someone ot move on to.

valpofb16

Scoop is a rumors website but it'd be pretty twisted to call in someone else's job

usc4valpo

16 - further aid or more aid? Why would they not continue aid?

vu72

Quote from: JD24 on January 01, 2022, 03:57:04 PM
Position is not listed in the job openings site for the University which typically does occur.

The coach himself hasn't changed his twitter account to reflect that he's left and he's still listed on the Valpo site. So maybe this is a case of not moving on until there is someone ot move on to.

Last night Coach Fox acknowledged the replacement and said that he had a couple of hundred resumes to review.  He said we just can't get wins with as little scoring as we 've had.  He also had some pretty funny comments about the Presbyterian former coach.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

crusader05

I think by "further aid" they mean "more aid compared to what they have received"

I think that it can be frustrating to not get more money however, too much of a discount can lead to needing more and more enrollment to maintain the budget. It could be that the numbers don't support a further discount to get one student vs using that extra money to lower tuition for 2 students who are more likely to come.

It's not just a desperate for numbers. It's a balance of the amount of students at a specific discount rate that allows us to have enough money to keep functioning.

valpofb16

Something worth noting G.A. Mangus has been added to the roster via hudl. Would be quite the hire at this level of football but is an OC.

OC- Middle Tennessee State - 2006-2009
QBs/OC- South Carolina - 2009-2016
OC - South Carolina State - 2016-2017
OC- Kutztown - 2017-2019
OC- XFL Guardians

Fits the bill of what Fox is looking for OC with experience. About 60/40 run-pass at SC

IndyValpo

Quote from: valpofb16 on January 01, 2022, 02:09:02 PM
I do hope that we hire Quinn Schafer!!!!
Just joined Western Illinois as QB coach.

valpofb16

Tough..... did great things at Uindy,...... would have been surefire way to get alumni support he was looking for

NWIGuy

Interesting that there is still no offensive staff movement, no internal shuffling, etc. Have to assume there was SOME applicants for the OC job, right?

vu72

Quote from: NWIGuy on January 24, 2022, 07:56:22 PM
Interesting that there is still no offensive staff movement, no internal shuffling, etc. Have to assume there was SOME applicants for the OC job, right?
[/b]

Coach Fox told us he had a couple of hundred applications from multiple levels.
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpofb16

Limbach seems to be loyal to the program or to Fox. He is also from near the area I believe. In today's job market for you don't fire good reliable employees , you restructure

It seems James like was reassigned to QBs and Limbach to RBs, no telling who was inept for a the change.

I bet we see a more seasoned guy come in for 1-2 years then a reshuffling back to Limbach.

NWIGuy

Fox found his guy? Per FootballScoop.com this a.m....

Valparaiso (FCS - IN): Per source, Boston College assistant quarterbacks coach Will Fleming will be the new offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach at Valpo.

valpofb16

Former OC at Rhode Island, interesting day for this to leak. Wonder what means for Limbach?

vu72

valpofb16

Also can relay Kohlton Sherman, 3 year starter at safety, will be back for a 5th year

Trey Stablein WR will be back for his 6th

valpofb16

Looks like according to Twitter they will be looking for a new OL coach as well

NWIGuy

Offensive staff overhaul continues, Coach Gladney appears to have left, be leaving, or to have been reassigned within the staff...

Valparaiso (FCS - IN): Valparaiso is currently hiring an offensive assistant (WRs coach). This position coach would work closely with the OC and staff, with primary responsibilities being on-field coaching, development and national recruitment of academically qualified student athletes. As a full time, benefits-eligible role, the successful candidate will have demonstrated success as a coach, recruiter, and strong interpersonal skills. Please send resume, cover letter, and references to offensive coordinator Will Fleming at William.Fleming@Valpo.edu.

Currently looking for OL and WR coaches

valpofb16

Tough to see Fred go. I am hoping it is for a better opportunity.

If something happens like Limbach being reassigned to WR and Fred having to find another gig. That will not sit well with me

JD24

Quote from: NWIGuy on February 11, 2022, 05:17:42 PMOffensive staff overhaul continues, Coach Gladney appears to have left, be leaving, or to have been reassigned within the staff... Valparaiso (FCS - IN): Valparaiso is currently hiring an offensive assistant (WRs coach). This position coach would work closely with the OC and staff, with primary responsibilities being on-field coaching, development and national recruitment of academically qualified student athletes. As a full time, benefits-eligible role, the successful candidate will have demonstrated success as a coach, recruiter, and strong interpersonal skills. Please send resume, cover letter, and references to offensive coordinator Will Fleming at William.Fleming@Valpo.edu. Currently looking for OL and WR coaches
Gladney's twitter does not mention Valpo so I assume he's gone. As crappy as the offense has looked when not handing the ball to Washington and letting him figure it out, I can't argue with any offensive staff replacements.

valpofb16

JD24 no doubt , only one scenario that would legitimately be unfair to Fred and I mentioned it.

Obviously the offense has been inept since 2019.  Changed should be made.

Some good news , Kicker Brian Bartholomew is back, one less position to worry about