• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

Coach Carlson's latest blog entry

Started by 78crusader, January 23, 2012, 02:53:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

78crusader

Coach's latest blog entry is now up.  I think you all will find it informative.  I am glad he is our football coach.  Better -- much better -- things are on the horizon for VU football.  Paul

setshot

Me too! His 1-21 record is impressive and our #246 ranking is outstanding. What more can you say? Wait till next year - sure! :crazy:

milanmiracle

Hey, they did win a game!

In truth, that was far more than I thought they were capable of so I'll take it. When you were dead last in almost every catagory the year before, getting a win is a minor miracle. Now, why were they dead last in almost everything is a different topic entirely.
"Tragedy is losing 86-7 and then having ESPN calling the press box and asking if the score is actually correct." - pgmado

covufan

This blog entry is prior to the spring game:

http://blogs.valpo.edu/football/

In the blog, Coach Carlson would like readers to help the program with donations.  I'm sure others were aware of this site, but you can direct your donation to a specific team:

https://www.valpo.edu/givetovu/form/

How many wins are needed this fall for SetShot to donate to football, rather than saying to drop football?

vuweathernerd

which means they'll win five. book it!

covufan

Quote from: setshot on April 25, 2012, 06:02:54 PM
Six! :thumbsup:
Not sure they'll get six this year, but anything is possible.  I'd just like to see the football team at or above .500 every year.  I think that is possible in the near future.

bbtds

I honestly believe 2 to 3 wins is most likely and 4 to 5 wins would be a huge huge improvement worthy of coach of the year award.

VULB#62

3-4 wins and no loss by over 21 (except for YSU which I want to see be no more than 35).  That to me would be a very good indication of a positive program direction.