• Welcome to The Valparaiso Beacons Fan Zone Forum.

New Video Boards

Started by valpomarketingguy, July 19, 2011, 04:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vuweathernerd

i'd love to see it get posted online, since i'll not be able to make any games.

wh

Quote from: vuweathernerd on October 28, 2011, 05:59:31 PM

Only 975 miles from Minot to Valpo - expressway driving all the way.  There must be another reason... ;)

okinawatyphoon

Quote from: wh on October 28, 2011, 06:53:10 PM

Only 975 miles from Minot to Valpo - expressway driving all the way.  There must be another reason... ;)

We also don't leave our houses between Thanksgiving and Easter.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

vuweathernerd

Quote from: okinawatyphoon on October 28, 2011, 07:39:43 PM
Quote from: wh on October 28, 2011, 06:53:10 PM

We also don't leave our houses between Thanksgiving and Easter.

hahahahaha except for work, yes.

valpomarketingguy

How is this for an exclusive "sneak peak?"  Happy Basketball season!

2011 Valpo Men's Basketball

valpopal

Very good, valpomarketingguy: thanks! I look forward to seeing this on the big video boards before the game this evening.

sectionee

That is really good!  Thanks for giving us the sneak peak!!

valpomarketingguy

I was hesitant to post because the experience is so much better watching on the big boards with the music cranked up.  You'll see what I mean tonight!

vuweathernerd

that's awesome! thanks valpomarketingguy for posting it! i really appreciate it, as i'm sure many others do who live too far away to make it regularly.

vu72

Very cool.  Sure wish the game was on the net or at least radio.

Still, I think twenty crusaders on horseback needs to be part of the show!!!  ;)
Season Results: CBI/CIT: 2008, 2011, 2014  NIT: 2003,2012, 2016(Championship Game) 2017   NCAA: 1962,1966,1967,1969,1973,1996,1997,1998 (Sweet Sixteen),1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2013 and 2015

valpo64

I really appreciate your postings valpomarketingguy...can't wait to see the new board when we attend our first game this season in a few weeks

okinawatyphoon

Great video! I bet it's great on the big screens.
Valpo '10, Valpo Admission Network
US Air Force, Sigma Phi Epsilon

agibson

Quote from: valpomarketingguy on October 29, 2011, 09:56:17 AM
How is this for an exclusive "sneak peak?"  Happy Basketball season!

Terrific video!  Really well done.

I now see what the request for "Valpo words" was all about!

I liked the indoors-outdoors contrast, and the outdoors color scheme.  I definitely like the weight room, and running sprints scenes. 

Classy stuff.

(Now, if we could only work on not scheduling opposite soccer games ;) )

valpospartan

Quote from: swiftmutiny on October 28, 2011, 11:27:59 AM
Yes, there definitely is one. They showed it off during the Valpo Basketball/Student Dodgeball tournament last weekend, and it was excellent. There's no fancy animations of a Crusader destroying the opponent's bus like in that Bull's video, but I think you'll all be impressed.  :thumbsup:

There is one for the Volleyball games!

Crusader03

Well, the new video boards are cool...but where's the video?  Disappointed that the only video I saw were some AWFUL radio station and bank commercials.  Anyone have any insight into the lack of video tonight?

sectionee

Once they got it rolling during starting lineups I really liked it.  All the stats in game were cool, my son loved the noise meter (he was blowing his vuvuzela when that came on), the one special effect I didn't care for was the offensive foul...someone is going to have a seizure watching that one!

Excellent addition to the ARC though!

FWalum

QuoteWell, the new video boards are cool...but where's the video?  Disappointed that the only video I saw were some AWFUL radio station and bank commercials.  Anyone have any insight into the lack of video tonight?
My guess would be that since there was no video broadcast of tonight's game and the only recording was for team use, that there was no in game video feed to be used on the video boards.
My current favorite podcast: The Glenn Loury Show https://bloggingheads.tv/programs/glenn-show

cmack

I really like the intro.  It was a great idea and a great use of the new video boards.  I don't really get why streetball scenes were chosen.  I would rather see actually valpo highlights or players in uniform.  Just my two cents. 

Also, there seemed to be about a 2 possession delay before the individual player stats were updated during the game.  Is that how it will always be?  Or is it fixable?

Same old sound system.  I do enjoy listening to Charlie Brown's parents announcing the game.

wh

The new video board is awesome!  The sound system is much improved! Wonderful enhancements - congratulations again to the Athletic Dept.  

valpomarketingguy

Quote from: cmack on October 30, 2011, 12:09:50 AM
I really like the intro.  It was a great idea and a great use of the new video boards.  I don't really get why streetball scenes were chosen.  I would rather see actually valpo highlights or players in uniform.  Just my two cents. 

Also, there seemed to be about a 2 possession delay before the individual player stats were updated during the game.  Is that how it will always be?  Or is it fixable?

Same old sound system.  I do enjoy listening to Charlie Brown's parents announcing the game.

Try watching the video another time or two and pay attention to the words on the screen, especially at the beginning and end.  Let me know if the reason for the outdoor court shots is more apparent then.

letsgovu

awesome time at the game last night.  scoreboard looks great!  loved the fun games and stats updates.  Also was happy not to have to keep track of fouls in my head.

Only criticism was the ads that sometimes flashed on right after a score so you had to wait 5 seconds to see the updated score.

valpospartan

The video board is very nice, but is in need of some minor tweaks:
1. Intro is too long - if it isn't changed during the season, it'll become quite boring.
2. too much time delay in updating players on the floor & their stats.
3. Will there ever be replays?

What is the blank area on the left side of the wall scoreboards?

swiftmutiny

Quote from: valpospartan on October 30, 2011, 04:42:19 PMWhat is the blank area on the left side of the wall scoreboards?
I would assume that those spots would be for future advertising.

Crusader03

Quote from: valpomarketingguy on October 30, 2011, 12:47:24 AM
Quote from: cmack on October 30, 2011, 12:09:50 AM

Watched it again and still not sure why the street ball scenes are being used....care to fill us in?  Also, agree with cmack that the intro is cool but too long...it would be great for it to be about 45 seconds long with more VU game highlights.  Still, it is better than no intro.

Had the same question about the delays as well.

Try watching the video another time or two and pay attention to the words on the screen, especially at the beginning and end.  Let me know if the reason for the outdoor court shots is more apparent then.

valpospartan

Quote from: swiftmutiny on October 30, 2011, 04:59:52 PM
Quote from: valpospartan on October 30, 2011, 04:42:19 PMWhat is the blank area on the left side of the wall scoreboards?

I would assume that those spots would be for future advertising.

Good point - that sure is an area that hasn't been exploited, yet (have you noticed the ad on the basket standards?)